I've been planning this road trip for quite a while now and I'm pretty sure I've got the general itinerary all worked out, so now I'm looking for some more specifics. Places I should absolutely visit, events going on, some good places to eat ect. I'm also searching for a travel buddy for half my trip, I've been asking my friends, but most of them either can't afford it, or simply don't have the time. I am in my mid 20's, and love to drive, explore and camp, but this will be the longest road trip yet and I'm on a relatively tight budget ($2000 max.) so I'll be camping and hosteling my way across. If you have any tips, tricks, great finds or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help!
Itinerary June 28th- July 18th* 2010:
28 Richmond Hill, ON- Ottawa, ON
29 Ottawa- Trois Riveres, QC
30 Trois Rivere- Tadoussac, QC
1 Tadoussac- Rimouski, QC
2 Rimouski-Bathurst, NB
3 Bathurst to Charlottetown, PEI
4 Charlottetown,PEI (overnight)
5 Charlotteown -North Sydney, NS
6 North Sydney- St.Johns, NL
7 St. Johns- Lewisporte, NL
8 Lewisporte to Rocky Harbour, NL
9 Rocky Harbour- Port-aux Basques, NL
10 Port-aux Basques- North Sydney, NS
11 North Sydney- Halifax, NS
12 Halifax- Moncton, NB
13 Moncton- Fredericton, NB
14 Fredericton- Quebec City, QC
15 Quebec City- Montreal, QC
16 Montreal- Richmond Hill, ON
*note: I have 2 extra days to play with, but I'm not quite sure how/ where to use them while still keeping costs down.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 2 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 3 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 4 Vancouver in June
- 5 Halifax to Moncton
- 6 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 7 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 10 3 days in europe
- 11 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 12 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 13 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 14 Quebec province GTG?
- 15 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 16 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 17 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 18 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 19 Best hikes in Banff
- 20 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 21 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 22 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 23 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 24 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 25 Nova Scotia hotels