I've been planning this road trip for quite a while now and I'm pretty sure I've got the general itinerary all worked out, so now I'm looking for some more specifics. Places I should absolutely visit, events going on, some good places to eat ect. I'm also searching for a travel buddy for half my trip, I've been asking my friends, but most of them either can't afford it, or simply don't have the time. I am in my mid 20's, and love to drive, explore and camp, but this will be the longest road trip yet and I'm on a relatively tight budget ($2000 max.) so I'll be camping and hosteling my way across. If you have any tips, tricks, great finds or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help!
Itinerary June 28th- July 18th* 2010:
28 Richmond Hill, ON- Ottawa, ON
29 Ottawa- Trois Riveres, QC
30 Trois Rivere- Tadoussac, QC
1 Tadoussac- Rimouski, QC
2 Rimouski-Bathurst, NB
3 Bathurst to Charlottetown, PEI
4 Charlottetown,PEI (overnight)
5 Charlotteown -North Sydney, NS
6 North Sydney- St.Johns, NL
7 St. Johns- Lewisporte, NL
8 Lewisporte to Rocky Harbour, NL
9 Rocky Harbour- Port-aux Basques, NL
10 Port-aux Basques- North Sydney, NS
11 North Sydney- Halifax, NS
12 Halifax- Moncton, NB
13 Moncton- Fredericton, NB
14 Fredericton- Quebec City, QC
15 Quebec City- Montreal, QC
16 Montreal- Richmond Hill, ON
*note: I have 2 extra days to play with, but I'm not quite sure how/ where to use them while still keeping costs down.
Road trip from Toronto to St. John's, NL and back
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto: where to stay?
- 2 yo yo honey
- 3 Vancouver top restaurant
- 4 Montreal Entertainment
- 5 Heli skiing in March
- 6 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 7 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 8 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 9 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 10 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 11 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 12 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 13 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 14 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 15 Toronto lodgings
- 16 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 17 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 18 rockies in september
- 19 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 20 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 21 Viking Trail
- 22 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 23 Quebec City trip.report
- 24 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 25 Best weekend of Carnaval?