I was wondering if someone could help me out with my road trip? My bf and I are planning on driving from Montreal to PEI and Cape Breton, between August 10-25, 2013.
We are both in our late 20's/early 30's and we are both like to travel on the cheap. We don't wanna spend more than 70$ a night on a room but we don't want to end up in some bed bug infested room. We are planning on camping and any recommendations for B&B's in between our roadtrip?
As for activities, we are foodies and we like going to the "local" spots, breweries, pubs, boardwalks, scenic drives, beaches, hiking, fireworks and waterfalls. Any festivals?
This is what I have:
Montreal to Moncton, NB (visiting my friend for 1-2 nights)
- I've been before and I'm taking my boyfriend to Osaka hibachi (I loved it!), pump house brewery and my friend is walking distance from the casino.
Moncton to PEI (2-3 nights)
- Camping, motels next to beaches or rustic cabin ideas? Festivals? Foodie stuff?
PEI to Cape Breton
- My grandmother was born there and this is the reason why I am visiting.
- 1-2 nights camping - Cape Breton Highland National Park?
- 1-2 nights motel/cabin or B&B?
Activities include: Cabot trail, artisan trail, Glenora distillery, skyline trail, Ban Falls?, any ideas?
Cape Breton to Halifax for 1 night
- Decent hotel ideas in town? Walking distance to fun stuff, bars,shops, restos?
Halifax to The Oven's, planning on camping 1-2 nights.
Then I am heading back to Montreal
Please help me with some ideas?! Thank you for your time and consideration!!!
Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Tours
- 3 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 4 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 5 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 6 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 7 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 8 Gaspe
- 9 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 10 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 11 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 12 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 13 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 14 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 15 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 17 Alberta Wildfires
- 18 Niagara Falls Canada
- 19 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 20 Fresh Fruit from US
- 21 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 22 quebec
- 23 Jet to Victoria
- 24 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 25 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants