I was wondering if someone could help me out with my road trip? My bf and I are planning on driving from Montreal to PEI and Cape Breton, between August 10-25, 2013.
We are both in our late 20's/early 30's and we are both like to travel on the cheap. We don't wanna spend more than 70$ a night on a room but we don't want to end up in some bed bug infested room. We are planning on camping and any recommendations for B&B's in between our roadtrip?
As for activities, we are foodies and we like going to the "local" spots, breweries, pubs, boardwalks, scenic drives, beaches, hiking, fireworks and waterfalls. Any festivals?
This is what I have:
Montreal to Moncton, NB (visiting my friend for 1-2 nights)
- I've been before and I'm taking my boyfriend to Osaka hibachi (I loved it!), pump house brewery and my friend is walking distance from the casino.
Moncton to PEI (2-3 nights)
- Camping, motels next to beaches or rustic cabin ideas? Festivals? Foodie stuff?
PEI to Cape Breton
- My grandmother was born there and this is the reason why I am visiting.
- 1-2 nights camping - Cape Breton Highland National Park?
- 1-2 nights motel/cabin or B&B?
Activities include: Cabot trail, artisan trail, Glenora distillery, skyline trail, Ban Falls?, any ideas?
Cape Breton to Halifax for 1 night
- Decent hotel ideas in town? Walking distance to fun stuff, bars,shops, restos?
Halifax to The Oven's, planning on camping 1-2 nights.
Then I am heading back to Montreal
Please help me with some ideas?! Thank you for your time and consideration!!!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 3 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 4 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 5 Quebec to yarmouth
- 6 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 7 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 8 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 9 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 10 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 11 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 12 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 13 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 14 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 15 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 16 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 17 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 18 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 19 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 20 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 21 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 22 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway