I was wondering if someone could help me out with my road trip? My bf and I are planning on driving from Montreal to PEI and Cape Breton, between August 10-25, 2013.
We are both in our late 20's/early 30's and we are both like to travel on the cheap. We don't wanna spend more than 70$ a night on a room but we don't want to end up in some bed bug infested room. We are planning on camping and any recommendations for B&B's in between our roadtrip?
As for activities, we are foodies and we like going to the "local" spots, breweries, pubs, boardwalks, scenic drives, beaches, hiking, fireworks and waterfalls. Any festivals?
This is what I have:
Montreal to Moncton, NB (visiting my friend for 1-2 nights)
- I've been before and I'm taking my boyfriend to Osaka hibachi (I loved it!), pump house brewery and my friend is walking distance from the casino.
Moncton to PEI (2-3 nights)
- Camping, motels next to beaches or rustic cabin ideas? Festivals? Foodie stuff?
PEI to Cape Breton
- My grandmother was born there and this is the reason why I am visiting.
- 1-2 nights camping - Cape Breton Highland National Park?
- 1-2 nights motel/cabin or B&B?
Activities include: Cabot trail, artisan trail, Glenora distillery, skyline trail, Ban Falls?, any ideas?
Cape Breton to Halifax for 1 night
- Decent hotel ideas in town? Walking distance to fun stuff, bars,shops, restos?
Halifax to The Oven's, planning on camping 1-2 nights.
Then I am heading back to Montreal
Please help me with some ideas?! Thank you for your time and consideration!!!
Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 2 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 3 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 4 iPhone in Canada
- 5 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 6 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 7 Victoria Dining
- 8 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 9 Quebec City trip.report
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 12 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 13 Quebic City or Montreal
- 14 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 15 ft nelson bc
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 18 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 19 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 20 canada in the winter?
- 21 Canada in winter
- 22 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 23 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 24 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 25 Telegraph cove