My husband and I are planning a road trip this summer from Minneapolis to Montreal, and then up to Quebec City. This is our first time exploring Canada. We don't have a strict time frame (we could be gone for 2-3 weeks), and we'll be embarking in mid-July.
We are on the budget of two nonprofit staffers, so it won't be a luxury trip, but we can splurge on one or two experiences.
Does anyone have a recommended route we should take? What are some "can't miss" spots along the way? Are we missing an opportunity by taking this route, and while we're on the East Coast, should we be visiting other places in Canada? We are both adventurous, but not looking for camping or "roughing it". We don't mind out of the way spots, and we're both very into art/theatre/music and good food. Beautiful scenery would be great, too.
Thanks for any insights you can offer; we're excited to explore!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 4 lodging in whistler
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 BC or Alberta drives
- 7 Torino in february
- 8 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 9 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 12 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec