My husband and I are planning a road trip this summer from Minneapolis to Montreal, and then up to Quebec City. This is our first time exploring Canada. We don't have a strict time frame (we could be gone for 2-3 weeks), and we'll be embarking in mid-July.
We are on the budget of two nonprofit staffers, so it won't be a luxury trip, but we can splurge on one or two experiences.
Does anyone have a recommended route we should take? What are some "can't miss" spots along the way? Are we missing an opportunity by taking this route, and while we're on the East Coast, should we be visiting other places in Canada? We are both adventurous, but not looking for camping or "roughing it". We don't mind out of the way spots, and we're both very into art/theatre/music and good food. Beautiful scenery would be great, too.
Thanks for any insights you can offer; we're excited to explore!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 2 Keltic Lodge
- 3 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 4 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 5 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 6 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 7 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 11 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 14 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 15 Banff to Jasper and back
- 16 Canmore for a few days
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away