My husband and I are planning a road trip this summer from Minneapolis to Montreal, and then up to Quebec City. This is our first time exploring Canada. We don't have a strict time frame (we could be gone for 2-3 weeks), and we'll be embarking in mid-July.
We are on the budget of two nonprofit staffers, so it won't be a luxury trip, but we can splurge on one or two experiences.
Does anyone have a recommended route we should take? What are some "can't miss" spots along the way? Are we missing an opportunity by taking this route, and while we're on the East Coast, should we be visiting other places in Canada? We are both adventurous, but not looking for camping or "roughing it". We don't mind out of the way spots, and we're both very into art/theatre/music and good food. Beautiful scenery would be great, too.
Thanks for any insights you can offer; we're excited to explore!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 2 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 3 professional movers toronto
- 4 Two week taster
- 5 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 6 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 7 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 8 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 9 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 10 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 11 Victoria Island
- 12 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 13 Accommodation in halifax
- 14 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 15 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 16 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 17 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 18 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 19 Translink and itinerary questions
- 20 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 21 Montreal Restaurants
- 22 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 23 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 24 Bay of Fundy
- 25 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US