My husband and I are planning a road trip this summer from Minneapolis to Montreal, and then up to Quebec City. This is our first time exploring Canada. We don't have a strict time frame (we could be gone for 2-3 weeks), and we'll be embarking in mid-July.
We are on the budget of two nonprofit staffers, so it won't be a luxury trip, but we can splurge on one or two experiences.
Does anyone have a recommended route we should take? What are some "can't miss" spots along the way? Are we missing an opportunity by taking this route, and while we're on the East Coast, should we be visiting other places in Canada? We are both adventurous, but not looking for camping or "roughing it". We don't mind out of the way spots, and we're both very into art/theatre/music and good food. Beautiful scenery would be great, too.
Thanks for any insights you can offer; we're excited to explore!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Us Online ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 SBCGLOBAL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 24*7
- 2 Quebec and Montreal train stations
- 3 Problem with the wisdom teeth while travelling
- 4 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 5 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 6 Old Montreal kid friendly restaurants?
- 7 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 8 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 9 Victoria, Canada
- 10 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 11 Best places in Toronto
- 12 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 13 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 14 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 15 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 16 Newfoundland in early June
- 17 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 18 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 19 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 20 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 21 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 22 Nova Scotia in July
- 23 Cape Breton in early June
- 24 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 25 Magdalen Islands