What a wonderful clean, international city! we stayed at the Marriot Eaton Center. A lovely large room with flat screen tv and spent the day at the St Lawrence Market where meats of all kind are available. For people who live in Toronto, it is a great place to shop! The downtown area around the market was having "woof" days and we saw hundreds of dogs of all breeds. Very interesting. Parking was $16.00. Afer the Market we drove our car to the hotel and took a cab for $7.00 to the harbor where we then took the ferry ($4.00 rt) to Center Island. Seeing Toronto from the water is well worth the trip and walking the island is so peaceful. It is a great park. We made ourselves at home in a marina, had a couple of beers and just watched the boats and Toronto skyline. We did not go, but there is a clothing optional beach for anyone interested.
The next day we had a very good lunch at the 360 in the CN tower. The views are amazing. We so enjoyed seeing where we had spent the day before on the islands from the air. About $85.00 with drinks. Toronto is vibrant and clean, clean, clean!
It took us a little over an hour to drive to the Falls where we spent the next two days. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in a fallsview room. We went to sleep looking at the Falls, woke up looking at the Falls, had breakfast and dinner looking at the Falls, it was wonderful! We spent one day walking the Canadian side and then the American side. The Maid of the Mist on Canada side and Cave of the Winds on the American side are not to be missed. Also, walking south on Goat Island on the American side and viewing the Falls from that point is not to be missed. You are very, very close to all that power!
We took one day to drive the wine route while heading to Niagara on the Lake. Tasting is .50 cents to $1.00. Once in Niagara on the Lake we parked our car and walked the quaint downtown area purchasing this years Christmas ornaments at the Christmas Store. A late lunch was had at the golf club that is opened to the public. We are all into views and they have outside seating where you see the Niagara River and Lake Ontario and Fort Niagara. A hot dog and beer tasted like steak with that view!
Niagara Falls has construction going on right now. The Table on the Rock restaurant by Horseshoe Falls is gone, they are building a new facility with terraced seating which should be just great as it is so close to the Falls and a walkover the street in front plus a theater. Supposed to be finished in 08.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 파워볼실시간사이트 ● 연결 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 네임드사다리 소스 ▼ 접속 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 4 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 5 Best places in Toronto
- 6 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 7 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 8 Victoria, Canada
- 9 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 10 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 11 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 12 Newfoundland in early June
- 13 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 14 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 15 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 16 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 17 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 18 Nova Scotia in July
- 19 Cape Breton in early June
- 20 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 21 Magdalen Islands
- 22 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 23 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 24 Passport question for Int flight
- 25 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days