What a wonderful clean, international city! we stayed at the Marriot Eaton Center. A lovely large room with flat screen tv and spent the day at the St Lawrence Market where meats of all kind are available. For people who live in Toronto, it is a great place to shop! The downtown area around the market was having "woof" days and we saw hundreds of dogs of all breeds. Very interesting. Parking was $16.00. Afer the Market we drove our car to the hotel and took a cab for $7.00 to the harbor where we then took the ferry ($4.00 rt) to Center Island. Seeing Toronto from the water is well worth the trip and walking the island is so peaceful. It is a great park. We made ourselves at home in a marina, had a couple of beers and just watched the boats and Toronto skyline. We did not go, but there is a clothing optional beach for anyone interested.
The next day we had a very good lunch at the 360 in the CN tower. The views are amazing. We so enjoyed seeing where we had spent the day before on the islands from the air. About $85.00 with drinks. Toronto is vibrant and clean, clean, clean!
It took us a little over an hour to drive to the Falls where we spent the next two days. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in a fallsview room. We went to sleep looking at the Falls, woke up looking at the Falls, had breakfast and dinner looking at the Falls, it was wonderful! We spent one day walking the Canadian side and then the American side. The Maid of the Mist on Canada side and Cave of the Winds on the American side are not to be missed. Also, walking south on Goat Island on the American side and viewing the Falls from that point is not to be missed. You are very, very close to all that power!
We took one day to drive the wine route while heading to Niagara on the Lake. Tasting is .50 cents to $1.00. Once in Niagara on the Lake we parked our car and walked the quaint downtown area purchasing this years Christmas ornaments at the Christmas Store. A late lunch was had at the golf club that is opened to the public. We are all into views and they have outside seating where you see the Niagara River and Lake Ontario and Fort Niagara. A hot dog and beer tasted like steak with that view!
Niagara Falls has construction going on right now. The Table on the Rock restaurant by Horseshoe Falls is gone, they are building a new facility with terraced seating which should be just great as it is so close to the Falls and a walkover the street in front plus a theater. Supposed to be finished in 08.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Bus Tour of Quebec City,NO Walking
- 2 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 3 Vancouver 3 days
- 4 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 5 Vancouver without a Car
- 6 Whistler
- 7 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 8 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 9 Intro
- 10 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 11 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 12 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 13 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 14 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 15 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 16 Need help in rain!
- 17 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 18 Rv Campground trip
- 19 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 20 Weather September/October
- 21 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 22 First Time Trip
- 23 Waterton Lakes quick trip?
- 24 C train to Calgary Stampede
- 25 Victoria/Vancouver 3 nights