My friend and I are visiting Newfoundland Aug. 22-28 and plan to spend it in Avalon region. We're looking for a small, private cottage/cabin with kitchen that we could use as a centrally located base for day hikes (along East Coast Trail) and exploration of nearby towns. Nothing above $600 or so a week. Prefer an ocean view and not more than 90 minutes from St. John's. Also a short drive from restaurants! Appreciate all suggestions, including a list of "must-do" hikes.
Recommendations for place to stay in Avalon
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 2 quebec
- 3 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 4 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 5 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 6 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 7 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 8 Alberta Wildfires
- 9 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 10 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 11 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 12 Niagara Falls Canada
- 13 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 14 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 15 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 16 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 17 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 18 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 19 Grouse or Whistler?
- 20 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 21 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 22 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 23 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 24 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August
- 25 Restaurants inWhistler