Michigan residents, my sister and I, are considering traveling by train from Sarnia, the Canadian rail station closest to us, to Nova Scotia in June. I'm finding little Canadian rail travel commentary in Fodor's and not much elsewhere as I'm beginning my research. Not sure if rail travel to Nova Scotia is a good idea or if we should consider traveling to Quebec or another destination. We've been to Toronto many times and want to explore elsewhere. Any suggestions are welcome. Sister is a photography buff. We both love exploring, relaxing, shopping and quirky/offbeat places.
Rail travel Sarnia to Nova Scotia/Quebec/any suggestions??
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Canada in winter
- 2 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 3 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 4 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 5 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 6 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 7 Victoria Dining
- 8 Northern Lights
- 9 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 10 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 12 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 13 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 14 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 15 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 16 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 17 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 18 how to search for owls in winter
- 19 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 20 Help us see Vancouver island
- 21 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 22 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 23 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 24 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 25 Orleans Express Montreal Station