We are traveling to Nova Scotia the first week in August. On the way up we are coming from Bar Harbor and will cross at the Calais border on Wednesday afternoon. We are coming back on Sunday afternoon. We want to make the best time possible and will just be taking 95 South once we are back in Maine. Will Calais border crossing be backed up on a Sunday afternoon/evening? Is Houlton a quicker way to go? Both are about equal distance from where we are leaving. We are a family of four driving a passenger car and we all have valid passports if any of that matters. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Quicker border crossing, Calais or Houlton?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 2 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 3 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 4 quebec
- 5 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 Alberta Wildfires
- 8 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 9 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 10 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 11 Niagara Falls Canada
- 12 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 13 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 14 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 15 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 16 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 17 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 18 Grouse or Whistler?
- 19 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 20 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 21 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 22 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 23 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August
- 24 Restaurants inWhistler
- 25 Favourite destination in Canada?