We are traveling to Nova Scotia the first week in August. On the way up we are coming from Bar Harbor and will cross at the Calais border on Wednesday afternoon. We are coming back on Sunday afternoon. We want to make the best time possible and will just be taking 95 South once we are back in Maine. Will Calais border crossing be backed up on a Sunday afternoon/evening? Is Houlton a quicker way to go? Both are about equal distance from where we are leaving. We are a family of four driving a passenger car and we all have valid passports if any of that matters. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Quicker border crossing, Calais or Houlton?
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 2 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 3 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 6 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 7 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 8 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 9 Golden, British Columbia
- 10 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 11 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 13 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 14 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 15 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 16 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 17 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 18 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 19 America by Rail
- 20 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 21 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 22 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 23 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 24 Information needed
- 25 Reliable Taxis in Vancouver