I am hoping some locals can give me some good feedback. We are flying into Montreal next Saturday, April 4 and flying home out of Burlington, VT on April 11.
We live in San Diego and never wear winter gear. Can someone please tell me what you would recommend we have for your current weather? I assume coats, hats and gloves. Can my teenaged boys wear their sneakers, or do should we all have snowboots or some other type of shoe? I really have NO idea!
Also, can you buy train tickets from Montreal to Quebec quite easily, or should I purchase these tickets now, before we go? Do they sell out?
Anyone know of a good way to get from either Montreal or Quebec City to Burlington? I am guessing greyhound is the way to go if we don't want to rent a car, but wanted to double check with locals.
On my calendar it says, "Easter Monday" for April 6. Is this a national holiday in Canada, and should we expect things to be closed? Do most things close on Easter Sunday?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 2 water filtration
- 3 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 4 Temporary residency in Canada
- 5 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 6 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 7 Western Canada in August
- 8 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 9 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 10 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 11 Jasper with two elderly
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 Dempster highway in early September
- 14 jasper
- 15 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 16 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 17 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 18 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 19 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 20 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 21 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 22 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 23 Banff
- 24 St John's, NL Camping?
- 25 Christmas in Quebec City