I am hoping some locals can give me some good feedback. We are flying into Montreal next Saturday, April 4 and flying home out of Burlington, VT on April 11.
We live in San Diego and never wear winter gear. Can someone please tell me what you would recommend we have for your current weather? I assume coats, hats and gloves. Can my teenaged boys wear their sneakers, or do should we all have snowboots or some other type of shoe? I really have NO idea!
Also, can you buy train tickets from Montreal to Quebec quite easily, or should I purchase these tickets now, before we go? Do they sell out?
Anyone know of a good way to get from either Montreal or Quebec City to Burlington? I am guessing greyhound is the way to go if we don't want to rent a car, but wanted to double check with locals.
On my calendar it says, "Easter Monday" for April 6. Is this a national holiday in Canada, and should we expect things to be closed? Do most things close on Easter Sunday?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two week taster
- 2 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 3 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 4 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 5 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 6 Translink and itinerary questions
- 7 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 8 Montreal Restaurants
- 9 Victoria Island
- 10 Traveling with your bike
- 11 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 12 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 13 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 14 Bay of Fundy
- 15 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 16 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 17 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 18 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 19 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 20 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 21 4 days in Montreal
- 22 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 23 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 24 Toronto hotel
- 25 Help us make the most of Victoria and Vancouver