I am hoping some locals can give me some good feedback. We are flying into Montreal next Saturday, April 4 and flying home out of Burlington, VT on April 11.
We live in San Diego and never wear winter gear. Can someone please tell me what you would recommend we have for your current weather? I assume coats, hats and gloves. Can my teenaged boys wear their sneakers, or do should we all have snowboots or some other type of shoe? I really have NO idea!
Also, can you buy train tickets from Montreal to Quebec quite easily, or should I purchase these tickets now, before we go? Do they sell out?
Anyone know of a good way to get from either Montreal or Quebec City to Burlington? I am guessing greyhound is the way to go if we don't want to rent a car, but wanted to double check with locals.
On my calendar it says, "Easter Monday" for April 6. Is this a national holiday in Canada, and should we expect things to be closed? Do most things close on Easter Sunday?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 UFC 206 Preview
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Vancouver for Christmas
- 4 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 5 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 6 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 7 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 8 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 9 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 10 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 11 March in Montreal?
- 12 Eastern Canada in December
- 13 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 14 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 15 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 16 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 17 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 18 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 19 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 20 Tofino
- 21 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 22 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 23 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 24 11th and 12th grade
- 25 Vancouver trip report!