Considering taking my 89 year-old mother to Quebec's Winter Carnival, and looking for any help and advice anyone can offer. (I've been two times and stayed in hostels.) She tires easily, and uses a walker. (I could rent or bring a wheelchair for her.) Do/how do handicapped people visit the snow carvings? It would be too much with a walker, and I don't think that a wheelchair would get around well. Any suggestions for keeping her warm while she's outside? (I expect she'll be up for one "event" each day that we're there. Seeing the snow carvings. Going to the Civilization museum. Taking the tour of the Frontenac.) Any suggestions on where to stay? It would be nice if the place was on the main floor, or there was an elevator. (I'm frugal, so anything with lower prices would be appreciated.) I was thinking of something with a small kitchen. It sounds like a crazy idea to go, but, when last in Quebec, I saw elderly locals. I suppose not everyone heads south for the winter.
Quebec City's Winter Carnival & Visitor w/ Handicaps
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Canada in winter
- 2 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 4 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 5 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 6 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 7 Victoria Dining
- 8 Northern Lights
- 9 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 10 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 12 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 13 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 14 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 15 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 16 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 17 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 18 how to search for owls in winter
- 19 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 20 Help us see Vancouver island
- 21 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 22 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 23 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 24 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 25 Orleans Express Montreal Station