Considering taking my 89 year-old mother to Quebec's Winter Carnival, and looking for any help and advice anyone can offer. (I've been two times and stayed in hostels.) She tires easily, and uses a walker. (I could rent or bring a wheelchair for her.) Do/how do handicapped people visit the snow carvings? It would be too much with a walker, and I don't think that a wheelchair would get around well. Any suggestions for keeping her warm while she's outside? (I expect she'll be up for one "event" each day that we're there. Seeing the snow carvings. Going to the Civilization museum. Taking the tour of the Frontenac.) Any suggestions on where to stay? It would be nice if the place was on the main floor, or there was an elevator. (I'm frugal, so anything with lower prices would be appreciated.) I was thinking of something with a small kitchen. It sounds like a crazy idea to go, but, when last in Quebec, I saw elderly locals. I suppose not everyone heads south for the winter.
Quebec City's Winter Carnival & Visitor w/ Handicaps
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days