Considering taking my 89 year-old mother to Quebec's Winter Carnival, and looking for any help and advice anyone can offer. (I've been two times and stayed in hostels.) She tires easily, and uses a walker. (I could rent or bring a wheelchair for her.) Do/how do handicapped people visit the snow carvings? It would be too much with a walker, and I don't think that a wheelchair would get around well. Any suggestions for keeping her warm while she's outside? (I expect she'll be up for one "event" each day that we're there. Seeing the snow carvings. Going to the Civilization museum. Taking the tour of the Frontenac.) Any suggestions on where to stay? It would be nice if the place was on the main floor, or there was an elevator. (I'm frugal, so anything with lower prices would be appreciated.) I was thinking of something with a small kitchen. It sounds like a crazy idea to go, but, when last in Quebec, I saw elderly locals. I suppose not everyone heads south for the winter.
Quebec City's Winter Carnival & Visitor w/ Handicaps
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 2 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 3 Toronto: where to stay?
- 4 yo yo honey
- 5 Vancouver top restaurant
- 6 Montreal Entertainment
- 7 Heli skiing in March
- 8 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 9 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 10 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 11 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 12 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 13 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 14 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 15 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 16 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 17 Toronto lodgings
- 18 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 19 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 20 rockies in september
- 21 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 22 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Viking Trail
- 24 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 25 Quebec City trip.report