Considering taking my 89 year-old mother to Quebec's Winter Carnival, and looking for any help and advice anyone can offer. (I've been two times and stayed in hostels.) She tires easily, and uses a walker. (I could rent or bring a wheelchair for her.) Do/how do handicapped people visit the snow carvings? It would be too much with a walker, and I don't think that a wheelchair would get around well. Any suggestions for keeping her warm while she's outside? (I expect she'll be up for one "event" each day that we're there. Seeing the snow carvings. Going to the Civilization museum. Taking the tour of the Frontenac.) Any suggestions on where to stay? It would be nice if the place was on the main floor, or there was an elevator. (I'm frugal, so anything with lower prices would be appreciated.) I was thinking of something with a small kitchen. It sounds like a crazy idea to go, but, when last in Quebec, I saw elderly locals. I suppose not everyone heads south for the winter.
Quebec City's Winter Carnival & Visitor w/ Handicaps
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City trip.report
- 2 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 3 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 4 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 5 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 6 Quebic City or Montreal
- 7 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October