Considering taking my 89 year-old mother to Quebec's Winter Carnival, and looking for any help and advice anyone can offer. (I've been two times and stayed in hostels.) She tires easily, and uses a walker. (I could rent or bring a wheelchair for her.) Do/how do handicapped people visit the snow carvings? It would be too much with a walker, and I don't think that a wheelchair would get around well. Any suggestions for keeping her warm while she's outside? (I expect she'll be up for one "event" each day that we're there. Seeing the snow carvings. Going to the Civilization museum. Taking the tour of the Frontenac.) Any suggestions on where to stay? It would be nice if the place was on the main floor, or there was an elevator. (I'm frugal, so anything with lower prices would be appreciated.) I was thinking of something with a small kitchen. It sounds like a crazy idea to go, but, when last in Quebec, I saw elderly locals. I suppose not everyone heads south for the winter.
Quebec City's Winter Carnival & Visitor w/ Handicaps
- 1 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 3 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 4 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 5 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 6 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 7 Calgary treats
- 8 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 9 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 10 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 11 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 12 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 13 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 14 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 15 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 16 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 17 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 18 Gros Morne accommodations
- 19 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 20 DOG SLEDDING
- 21 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls
- 22 Downtown Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 23 Downtown Toronto to Canada's Wonderland
- 24 A Russian's nightmare with Canadian visa
- 25 From Niagara on the Lake to Montreal --- good mid-point for visiting?