Considering taking my 89 year-old mother to Quebec's Winter Carnival, and looking for any help and advice anyone can offer. (I've been two times and stayed in hostels.) She tires easily, and uses a walker. (I could rent or bring a wheelchair for her.) Do/how do handicapped people visit the snow carvings? It would be too much with a walker, and I don't think that a wheelchair would get around well. Any suggestions for keeping her warm while she's outside? (I expect she'll be up for one "event" each day that we're there. Seeing the snow carvings. Going to the Civilization museum. Taking the tour of the Frontenac.) Any suggestions on where to stay? It would be nice if the place was on the main floor, or there was an elevator. (I'm frugal, so anything with lower prices would be appreciated.) I was thinking of something with a small kitchen. It sounds like a crazy idea to go, but, when last in Quebec, I saw elderly locals. I suppose not everyone heads south for the winter.
Quebec City's Winter Carnival & Visitor w/ Handicaps
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 2 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 3 Montreal Questions
- 4 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 5 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 6 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 7 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 8 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 9 Nova Scotia
- 10 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 11 Vancouver
- 12 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 13 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 14 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 15 Great Lakes Car Ferries
- 16 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 17 7 day family itinerary to Nova Scotia needed
- 18 Bay of Fundy/Moncton/St. John, NB Itinerary Advice
- 19 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 20 FALL COLORS IN FUNDY AREA - ACCOMMODATION
- 21 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 22 Hotels in Toronto
- 23 Road trip iterneary from Quebec city to Toronto via Montreal , Ottawa ...
- 24 Canmore or Banff for lodging?
- 25 Best hikes in Banff