My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff or Jasper
- 2 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 3 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 4 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 5 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 6 4 days in Newfoundland
- 7 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 8 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 9 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 10 which hotel in Vancouver
- 11 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 12 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 13 Jasper Day Hikes
- 14 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 15 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 16 Montreal for 4 days
- 17 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 18 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 19 Maritimes Itinerary
- 20 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 21 Banff September Weekend
- 22 4 day Excursion from Quebec City
- 23 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 24 Canmore or Banff for lodging?
- 25 First Aid for cruise adventure