My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 2 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 3 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 4 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 5 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 6 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 7 Gettinng around Jasper
- 8 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 9 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 10 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 11 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 12 Trip to Tornoto
- 13 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 14 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 15 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 16 Vancouver customs time??
- 17 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 18 Cell Phones in Canada
- 19 Trip to winnipeg
- 20 Canada Honeymoon Itinerary for the Kiwis! (5 weeks)
- 21 things to see between fredricton and riviere du loup
- 22 Help with 3 week photo trip to Canadian Maritimes plus
- 23 Hiking and not meeting bears in rocky mountains
- 24 Festivals in Quebec City
- 25 Standard SUV rental from YYC for 24 years old: any recommend?