My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 2 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 3 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 4 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 5 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 6 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 7 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 8 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 9 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 10 Traveling with your bike
- 11 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 12 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 13 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 14 Alberta Trip_2017
- 15 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 16 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 17 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 18 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 19 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 20 Baseball
- 21 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 22 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 23 Transportation from airport for 7
- 24 calgary to vancover 10days
- 25 Itinerary in the Rockies