My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 iPhone in Canada
- 4 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 5 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 6 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 7 Victoria Dining
- 8 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 9 Quebec City trip.report
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 12 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 13 Quebic City or Montreal
- 14 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 15 ft nelson bc
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 18 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 19 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 20 canada in the winter?
- 21 Canada in winter
- 22 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 23 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 24 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 25 Telegraph cove