My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 2 Vancouver for Christmas
- 3 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 4 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 5 Marvellous Montreal
- 6 Victoria?
- 7 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 10 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 11 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 12 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 13 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 14 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 15 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 16 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 17 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 18 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 19 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 20 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 21 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 22 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 23 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 24 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 25 PEI or Cape Breton?