My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://getmenshealth.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 2 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 3 http://avoirantiaging.com/skinelement/
- 4 Niagra Falls
- 5 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 6 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 7 First Time Trip to Canada
- 8 Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City Errata
- 9 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 10 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 11 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 12 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 13 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 14 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 15 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 16 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 17 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 18 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 19 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 20 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 21 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 22 Road Trip to Calgary
- 23 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 24 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 25 Thousand Islands - Must Dos