My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 hotel in vancouver
- 2 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 3 Kensington Market
- 4 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 5 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 6 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 7 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 8 Best place for wedding flowers
- 9 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 10 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 11 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 12 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 13 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals