My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 3 days in europe
- 2 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 3 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 4 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 5 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 6 Quebec province GTG?
- 7 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 8 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 9 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 10 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 11 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 12 Best hikes in Banff
- 13 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 14 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 15 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 16 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 17 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 18 Nova Scotia hotels
- 19 3 full days in and round Banff
- 20 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 21 Montreal / Quebec City trip
- 22 From Vancouver to Halifax - how best to travel
- 23 Where to stay in Montreal?
- 24 Nova Star
- 25 Victoria