My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 2 Beautiful Short Hikes at the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 4 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 5 Road Trip from Minneapolis to Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Atlantic Provinces mobile service
- 7 Bus Tour of Quebec City,NO Walking
- 8 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 9 From Vancouver to Anchorage
- 10 Traveling with ashes
- 11 Vancouver 3 days
- 12 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 13 Vancouver without a Car
- 14 Whistler
- 15 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 16 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 17 Intro
- 18 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 19 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 20 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 21 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 22 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 23 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 24 Need help in rain!
- 25 Rv Campground trip