My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Rockies to Vancouver
- 3 season greetings
- 4 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 5 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Alberta????
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 10 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 11 Wifi rental
- 12 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 13 Short term lodging
- 14 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 15 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 16 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 17 Vancouver top restaurant
- 18 Montreal Entertainment
- 19 Heli skiing in March
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 22 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 23 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 24 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 25 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies