My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 2 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 3 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 4 Montreal Questions
- 5 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 6 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 7 Romantic destination in Canada
- 8 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 9 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 10 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 11 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 12 Vancouver
- 13 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 14 Jasper and Banff
- 15 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 16 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 17 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 18 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 19 Nova Scotia
- 20 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 21 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 22 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 23 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 24 Great Lakes Car Ferries
- 25 7 day family itinerary to Nova Scotia needed