My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 I save so much money on rental cars and hotels! It's a blessing
- 2 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 3 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 4 Corporate party
- 5 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 6 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 7 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 8 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 9 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 10 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 11 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 12 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 13 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 14 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 15 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 16 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 17 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 18 2 days in Vancouver
- 19 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 20 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 21 8 days in NL
- 22 Montreal transportation pass
- 23 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 24 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 25 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed