My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 LOAN OFFER BETWEEN PARTICULAR
- 2 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 3 Quebec City in mid-November
- 4 Eastern Canada in December
- 5 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 6 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 7 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 8 Calgary
- 9 Tofino
- 10 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 11 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 12 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 13 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 14 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 15 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 16 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 17 Banff in October
- 18 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 19 Quebec City in autumn
- 20 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 21 Quebec City
- 22 Family ski holiday
- 23 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 24 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 25 Please help with BC itinerary