My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 3 March in Montreal?
- 4 Eastern Canada in December
- 5 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 6 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 7 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 8 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 9 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 10 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 11 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 12 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 13 Tofino
- 14 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 15 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 16 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 17 11th and 12th grade
- 18 Vancouver trip report!
- 19 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 20 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 21 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 22 looking to experience Canada by train
- 23 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 24 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 25 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary