My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 2 Flying from Toronto to London
- 3 Rental car
- 4 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 5 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 6 Montreal in April
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Cross country drive
- 9 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 12 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 13 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 14 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 15 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 16 First family trip to Toronto.
- 17 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 18 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 19 Calgary Stampede
- 20 2 days in Vancouver
- 21 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 22 Northern Lights
- 23 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 24 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 25 Canadian Rockies photography