My wife and I are planning to honeymoon in Quebec city around the holidays. Our plan is for a three or four day stay at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We're interested in enjoying the ambiance of the city at the holidays, and would like a honeymoon retreat that is old-world, romantic and quiet.
My question relates to timing. We're unsure if we should book our trip for Dec. 19 - 22nd, before Christmas, or over the new year, from the 29 - 1st.
We want to enjoy carolers, twinkle lights, snowy ambiance, all the little shops and sights. Is there a difference in what's going on in the city in the days before Christmas versus the week after? If we stay over the new year, is there an influx of tourists and crowds that detract from the charm and create a more party atmosphere or make it difficult to negotiate the streets and shops?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 3 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 4 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 5 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 6 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 7 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 8 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 9 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 10 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 12 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 13 Calgary Stampede
- 14 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 15 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 16 11 Day Road trip
- 17 Canada - 1st time
- 18 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 19 Halifax port restaurants
- 20 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 21 Road Trip Help
- 22 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 23 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way
- 24 Grizzly Bears Campbell River
- 25 Newfoundland- Airport to Downtown transportation.