We go to VANCOUVER in July 2012 for the month and intend to see the Rockies etc with a side trip to Seattle for 4 days in a hire car. I have looked up about the various border points but I cant find out anywhere what exactly the border process is. I know I have to complete an I-94W form but when I get to border, what lane do I use? do I then have to park up somewhere and go into an office?
As time is of the essence I don't want to complicate matters by using wrong lane or doing something stupid. We will be approaching border from Chilliwack.
So can anyone tell me the process in simple steps?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 2 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 3 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 7 March in Montreal?
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 10 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 11 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 12 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 13 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 14 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 15 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 16 Tofino
- 17 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 18 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 19 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 20 11th and 12th grade
- 21 Vancouver trip report!
- 22 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 23 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 24 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 25 looking to experience Canada by train
process at border driving a hire car from vancouver to seattle- from uk