We go to VANCOUVER in July 2012 for the month and intend to see the Rockies etc with a side trip to Seattle for 4 days in a hire car. I have looked up about the various border points but I cant find out anywhere what exactly the border process is. I know I have to complete an I-94W form but when I get to border, what lane do I use? do I then have to park up somewhere and go into an office?
As time is of the essence I don't want to complicate matters by using wrong lane or doing something stupid. We will be approaching border from Chilliwack.
So can anyone tell me the process in simple steps?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 2 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 3 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 4 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 5 Icefields Parkway
- 6 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 9 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 10 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 11 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 12 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 13 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 14 Banff to Jasper and back
- 15 Canmore for a few days
- 16 Keltic Lodge
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away
process at border driving a hire car from vancouver to seattle- from uk