We are two seniors who are more into scenery than museums. We will be driving and do not mind the occasion long day in the car to get us somewhere special. We will likely stay in cabins because we like to cook for ourselves, but are not opposed to hotels or B & Bs. I have just mapped out general areas at this time and would be pleased to have any comments.
Drive from Ontario over three or four days.
Night 1 : Arrive on the ferry to Port aux Basques and stay overnight
Night 2: Rocky Harbour
Night 3: Rocky Harbour
Night 4: Rocky Harbour
Night 5: L'Anse aux Meadows
Night 6; L"Anse aux Meadows
Night 7: Springdale area to break up trip
Night 8; Trinity
Night 9: Trinity
Night 10 Trinity
Night 11: St. John's area
Night 12: St. John's area
Night 13: St John's area
Night 14: St. John's area
Night 15; Twillingate area
Night 16; Twillingate area
Night 17;l Twillingate area
Night 18: Twillnigate or somewhere on the way to Port aux Basques (undecided)
Night 20; Port aux Basques to catch the morning ferry the next day.
I welcome your thoughts on the division of time or anything else you would like to comment on.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 Vancouver for Christmas
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia