We are two seniors who are more into scenery than museums. We will be driving and do not mind the occasion long day in the car to get us somewhere special. We will likely stay in cabins because we like to cook for ourselves, but are not opposed to hotels or B & Bs. I have just mapped out general areas at this time and would be pleased to have any comments.
Drive from Ontario over three or four days.
Night 1 : Arrive on the ferry to Port aux Basques and stay overnight
Night 2: Rocky Harbour
Night 3: Rocky Harbour
Night 4: Rocky Harbour
Night 5: L'Anse aux Meadows
Night 6; L"Anse aux Meadows
Night 7: Springdale area to break up trip
Night 8; Trinity
Night 9: Trinity
Night 10 Trinity
Night 11: St. John's area
Night 12: St. John's area
Night 13: St John's area
Night 14: St. John's area
Night 15; Twillingate area
Night 16; Twillingate area
Night 17;l Twillingate area
Night 18: Twillnigate or somewhere on the way to Port aux Basques (undecided)
Night 20; Port aux Basques to catch the morning ferry the next day.
I welcome your thoughts on the division of time or anything else you would like to comment on.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 3 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 4 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 5 Quebec to yarmouth
- 6 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 7 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 8 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 9 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 10 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 11 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 12 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 13 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 14 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 15 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 16 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 17 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 18 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 19 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 20 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 21 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 22 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway