We will be traveling to NL in August and will have a total of 11 nights to spend. As it stands now, we will spend the first 4 nights in St John's, exploring around the Avalon Peninsula and the St. John's area on day trips (prefer to unpack as little as possible). Then we'll drive onto Port Rexton for 3 nts and explore that area including Bonavista and Terra Nova NP. Our next stop will be Rocky Harbor for 3 nights. Enroute, I was originally thinking of spending 1 night up in Twillingate. However, after looking at time/distance, don't think it would be worth it as we wouldn't have much time there after arriving and would have to leave early to get to Rocky Harbor. Does anyone have any recommendations where we could spend one night in between Port Rexton and Rocky Harbor? Would like a location that would be interesting to explore and has a choice of restaurants and accommodations. Will be interested in hearing your suggestions.
Port Rexton to Gros Morne NP
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Alberta????
- 6 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 7 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 8 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 9 Wifi rental
- 10 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 11 Short term lodging
- 12 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 15 Vancouver top restaurant
- 16 Montreal Entertainment
- 17 Heli skiing in March
- 18 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 19 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 22 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 25 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.