We will be traveling to NL in August and will have a total of 11 nights to spend. As it stands now, we will spend the first 4 nights in St John's, exploring around the Avalon Peninsula and the St. John's area on day trips (prefer to unpack as little as possible). Then we'll drive onto Port Rexton for 3 nts and explore that area including Bonavista and Terra Nova NP. Our next stop will be Rocky Harbor for 3 nights. Enroute, I was originally thinking of spending 1 night up in Twillingate. However, after looking at time/distance, don't think it would be worth it as we wouldn't have much time there after arriving and would have to leave early to get to Rocky Harbor. Does anyone have any recommendations where we could spend one night in between Port Rexton and Rocky Harbor? Would like a location that would be interesting to explore and has a choice of restaurants and accommodations. Will be interested in hearing your suggestions.
Port Rexton to Gros Morne NP
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 2 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 3 Help us see Vancouver island
- 4 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 5 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 6 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 7 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 9 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 10 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 11 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 12 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 13 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 14 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 15 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 16 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 17 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 18 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 19 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 20 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 21 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 22 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 23 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?