We will be traveling to NL in August and will have a total of 11 nights to spend. As it stands now, we will spend the first 4 nights in St John's, exploring around the Avalon Peninsula and the St. John's area on day trips (prefer to unpack as little as possible). Then we'll drive onto Port Rexton for 3 nts and explore that area including Bonavista and Terra Nova NP. Our next stop will be Rocky Harbor for 3 nights. Enroute, I was originally thinking of spending 1 night up in Twillingate. However, after looking at time/distance, don't think it would be worth it as we wouldn't have much time there after arriving and would have to leave early to get to Rocky Harbor. Does anyone have any recommendations where we could spend one night in between Port Rexton and Rocky Harbor? Would like a location that would be interesting to explore and has a choice of restaurants and accommodations. Will be interested in hearing your suggestions.
Port Rexton to Gros Morne NP
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 2 NYC to Montreal by train
- 3 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 4 Where to stay in Banff?
- 5 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 6 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 7 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL