We will be traveling to NL in August and will have a total of 11 nights to spend. As it stands now, we will spend the first 4 nights in St John's, exploring around the Avalon Peninsula and the St. John's area on day trips (prefer to unpack as little as possible). Then we'll drive onto Port Rexton for 3 nts and explore that area including Bonavista and Terra Nova NP. Our next stop will be Rocky Harbor for 3 nights. Enroute, I was originally thinking of spending 1 night up in Twillingate. However, after looking at time/distance, don't think it would be worth it as we wouldn't have much time there after arriving and would have to leave early to get to Rocky Harbor. Does anyone have any recommendations where we could spend one night in between Port Rexton and Rocky Harbor? Would like a location that would be interesting to explore and has a choice of restaurants and accommodations. Will be interested in hearing your suggestions.
Port Rexton to Gros Morne NP
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Weather in Quebec City end of October
- 2 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 3 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 4 iPhone in Canada
- 5 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 6 Canada in winter
- 7 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 8 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 9 Is Thanksgiving too early for Whistler?
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 12 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 13 how to search for owls in winter
- 14 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 15 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 16 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 17 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 18 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 19 Victoria Dining
- 20 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 21 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 22 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 23 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 24 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 25 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC