We're planning a sort of last minute trip to Gros Morne next month. Depending on how much everything will cost all together, we have up to 5 days to stay. We would like to reduce expenses as much as possible if we are able to.
We are still in the planning stages but so far all we know for sure is that we are likely just going to fly directly to Deer Lake Airport. Do we need to rent a car to get around or is a taxi/walking/other forms of transportation sufficient? I've never been there before so I don't really know what is available out there.
In the matter of accommodations, we still don't have any idea where we'd stay so I was hoping to get some suggestions that we can look into. Any places for travelers on a budget?
Things to do: I've heard a lot about the boat tours so that's definitely something we'd like to do. I think Western Brook Pond is what we'd choose. Is there anything else we can do on our own that doesn't require having to sign up for a hiking group, etc.? Or is that the best way to go about things while visiting? Suggestions?
I think that's about it for now. I'm sure as I get more replies, new things will come up. Until then, thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
Planning a trip to Gros Morne National Park.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 2 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 3 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 4 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 5 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 6 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 7 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 8 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 9 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 10 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 11 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 12 Halifax-PEI
- 13 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 14 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 15 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 16 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 17 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 18 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 19 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 20 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 21 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 22 Aloft or Sheraton near Montreal Airport
- 23 SIM Cards for the States and Canada
- 24 Victoria Dining
- 25 Banff and Jasper one week trip