We're planning a sort of last minute trip to Gros Morne next month. Depending on how much everything will cost all together, we have up to 5 days to stay. We would like to reduce expenses as much as possible if we are able to.
We are still in the planning stages but so far all we know for sure is that we are likely just going to fly directly to Deer Lake Airport. Do we need to rent a car to get around or is a taxi/walking/other forms of transportation sufficient? I've never been there before so I don't really know what is available out there.
In the matter of accommodations, we still don't have any idea where we'd stay so I was hoping to get some suggestions that we can look into. Any places for travelers on a budget?
Things to do: I've heard a lot about the boat tours so that's definitely something we'd like to do. I think Western Brook Pond is what we'd choose. Is there anything else we can do on our own that doesn't require having to sign up for a hiking group, etc.? Or is that the best way to go about things while visiting? Suggestions?
I think that's about it for now. I'm sure as I get more replies, new things will come up. Until then, thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Email Smackdown: Y@hoo mail 1800*570*1233 technical support phone number
- 2 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 3 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 4 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 5 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 6 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 7 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 8 Keltic Lodge
- 9 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 10 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 11 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 12 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 13 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 14 Icefields Parkway
- 15 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 16 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 19 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 20 Banff to Jasper and back
- 21 Canmore for a few days
- 22 The Canadian
- 23 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 24 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 25 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta