We're planning a sort of last minute trip to Gros Morne next month. Depending on how much everything will cost all together, we have up to 5 days to stay. We would like to reduce expenses as much as possible if we are able to.
We are still in the planning stages but so far all we know for sure is that we are likely just going to fly directly to Deer Lake Airport. Do we need to rent a car to get around or is a taxi/walking/other forms of transportation sufficient? I've never been there before so I don't really know what is available out there.
In the matter of accommodations, we still don't have any idea where we'd stay so I was hoping to get some suggestions that we can look into. Any places for travelers on a budget?
Things to do: I've heard a lot about the boat tours so that's definitely something we'd like to do. I think Western Brook Pond is what we'd choose. Is there anything else we can do on our own that doesn't require having to sign up for a hiking group, etc.? Or is that the best way to go about things while visiting? Suggestions?
I think that's about it for now. I'm sure as I get more replies, new things will come up. Until then, thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
Planning a trip to Gros Morne National Park.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Alberta Wildfires
- 2 Niagara Falls Canada
- 3 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 4 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 5 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 6 Fresh Fruit from US
- 7 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 8 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 9 quebec
- 10 Jet to Victoria
- 11 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 12 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 13 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 14 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 15 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 16 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 17 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 18 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 20 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 21 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 22 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 23 Grouse or Whistler?
- 24 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 25 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts