We're planning a sort of last minute trip to Gros Morne next month. Depending on how much everything will cost all together, we have up to 5 days to stay. We would like to reduce expenses as much as possible if we are able to.
We are still in the planning stages but so far all we know for sure is that we are likely just going to fly directly to Deer Lake Airport. Do we need to rent a car to get around or is a taxi/walking/other forms of transportation sufficient? I've never been there before so I don't really know what is available out there.
In the matter of accommodations, we still don't have any idea where we'd stay so I was hoping to get some suggestions that we can look into. Any places for travelers on a budget?
Things to do: I've heard a lot about the boat tours so that's definitely something we'd like to do. I think Western Brook Pond is what we'd choose. Is there anything else we can do on our own that doesn't require having to sign up for a hiking group, etc.? Or is that the best way to go about things while visiting? Suggestions?
I think that's about it for now. I'm sure as I get more replies, new things will come up. Until then, thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
Planning a trip to Gros Morne National Park.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL