We're planning a sort of last minute trip to Gros Morne next month. Depending on how much everything will cost all together, we have up to 5 days to stay. We would like to reduce expenses as much as possible if we are able to.
We are still in the planning stages but so far all we know for sure is that we are likely just going to fly directly to Deer Lake Airport. Do we need to rent a car to get around or is a taxi/walking/other forms of transportation sufficient? I've never been there before so I don't really know what is available out there.
In the matter of accommodations, we still don't have any idea where we'd stay so I was hoping to get some suggestions that we can look into. Any places for travelers on a budget?
Things to do: I've heard a lot about the boat tours so that's definitely something we'd like to do. I think Western Brook Pond is what we'd choose. Is there anything else we can do on our own that doesn't require having to sign up for a hiking group, etc.? Or is that the best way to go about things while visiting? Suggestions?
I think that's about it for now. I'm sure as I get more replies, new things will come up. Until then, thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 2 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?