Hi! My husband and I are considering going to PEI for a week at the end of August. I was in PEI years ago for an Anne tour (note my screen name, those of you who are familiar with the Anne books) and found the Island to be incredibly lovely, so I'm looking forward to going back. That said, our interests are more with biking, going to the beach and kayaking than with Anne. It is clear from the Island's website that there is PLENTY to do on the island that has nothing to do with Anne tourism. My question is whether it is possible to do 5-6 days of beach, kayaking or cycling on various trails (non-duplicative) while staying in a central location or whether we will need a car. If there is a particular part of the Island where these activities are available and easier to get to without a car, I would appreciate tips on that. Another question is whether it is possible to rent a car to drive from one part of the Island to another, turn it in and then rent a car a few days later to drive back to Charlottetown for our flight out. We would really like to be sans car as much as possible and get around by our feet! Thanks much!
PEI Without a Car?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 Rockies trip in June.
- 4 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 5 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 6 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 7 Need tips for this trip
- 8 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 9 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 North Vancouver Island
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 13 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 14 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 15 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 16 Newfoundland questions
- 17 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 18 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 19 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 20 Itinerary help
- 21 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 22 Montreal/Toronto
- 23 Gros Morne hiking
- 24 Victoria for 2 days
- 25 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field