Hi! My husband and I are considering going to PEI for a week at the end of August. I was in PEI years ago for an Anne tour (note my screen name, those of you who are familiar with the Anne books) and found the Island to be incredibly lovely, so I'm looking forward to going back. That said, our interests are more with biking, going to the beach and kayaking than with Anne. It is clear from the Island's website that there is PLENTY to do on the island that has nothing to do with Anne tourism. My question is whether it is possible to do 5-6 days of beach, kayaking or cycling on various trails (non-duplicative) while staying in a central location or whether we will need a car. If there is a particular part of the Island where these activities are available and easier to get to without a car, I would appreciate tips on that. Another question is whether it is possible to rent a car to drive from one part of the Island to another, turn it in and then rent a car a few days later to drive back to Charlottetown for our flight out. We would really like to be sans car as much as possible and get around by our feet! Thanks much!
PEI Without a Car?
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 5 Golden BC
- 6 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 7 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 8 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 9 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail