Hi! My husband and I are considering going to PEI for a week at the end of August. I was in PEI years ago for an Anne tour (note my screen name, those of you who are familiar with the Anne books) and found the Island to be incredibly lovely, so I'm looking forward to going back. That said, our interests are more with biking, going to the beach and kayaking than with Anne. It is clear from the Island's website that there is PLENTY to do on the island that has nothing to do with Anne tourism. My question is whether it is possible to do 5-6 days of beach, kayaking or cycling on various trails (non-duplicative) while staying in a central location or whether we will need a car. If there is a particular part of the Island where these activities are available and easier to get to without a car, I would appreciate tips on that. Another question is whether it is possible to rent a car to drive from one part of the Island to another, turn it in and then rent a car a few days later to drive back to Charlottetown for our flight out. We would really like to be sans car as much as possible and get around by our feet! Thanks much!
PEI Without a Car?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 4 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 5 iPhone in Canada
- 6 Victoria Dining
- 7 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 8 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 9 Quebec City trip.report
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 12 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 13 Quebic City or Montreal
- 14 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 15 ft nelson bc
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 18 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 19 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 20 canada in the winter?
- 21 Canada in winter
- 22 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 23 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 24 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 25 Telegraph cove