Hi! My husband and I are considering going to PEI for a week at the end of August. I was in PEI years ago for an Anne tour (note my screen name, those of you who are familiar with the Anne books) and found the Island to be incredibly lovely, so I'm looking forward to going back. That said, our interests are more with biking, going to the beach and kayaking than with Anne. It is clear from the Island's website that there is PLENTY to do on the island that has nothing to do with Anne tourism. My question is whether it is possible to do 5-6 days of beach, kayaking or cycling on various trails (non-duplicative) while staying in a central location or whether we will need a car. If there is a particular part of the Island where these activities are available and easier to get to without a car, I would appreciate tips on that. Another question is whether it is possible to rent a car to drive from one part of the Island to another, turn it in and then rent a car a few days later to drive back to Charlottetown for our flight out. We would really like to be sans car as much as possible and get around by our feet! Thanks much!
PEI Without a Car?
- 1 Calgary - Things to Do
- 2 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 3 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 4 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 5 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 6 Need help, can't decide
- 7 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 8 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 9 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 10 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 11 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 12 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 13 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 14 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 15 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 16 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 17 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 18 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 19 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 20 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 21 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 22 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary
- 23 train travel
- 24 Montreal Hotel for First Time Visitors
- 25 Rental Car Canada and MT