Hi! My husband and I are considering going to PEI for a week at the end of August. I was in PEI years ago for an Anne tour (note my screen name, those of you who are familiar with the Anne books) and found the Island to be incredibly lovely, so I'm looking forward to going back. That said, our interests are more with biking, going to the beach and kayaking than with Anne. It is clear from the Island's website that there is PLENTY to do on the island that has nothing to do with Anne tourism. My question is whether it is possible to do 5-6 days of beach, kayaking or cycling on various trails (non-duplicative) while staying in a central location or whether we will need a car. If there is a particular part of the Island where these activities are available and easier to get to without a car, I would appreciate tips on that. Another question is whether it is possible to rent a car to drive from one part of the Island to another, turn it in and then rent a car a few days later to drive back to Charlottetown for our flight out. We would really like to be sans car as much as possible and get around by our feet! Thanks much!
PEI Without a Car?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 NYC to Montreal by train
- 2 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 3 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 4 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 5 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 6 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 7 Where to stay in Banff?
- 8 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 9 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 10 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 11 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 12 Transport of cremated remains
- 13 Rockies trip in June.
- 14 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 15 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 16 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 17 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 18 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 19 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 20 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 21 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 22 boarder crossing question
- 23 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 24 Calgary hotel help needed
- 25 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto