Just returned from a two-week visit to Atlantic Canada. For those planning itinaries for trips that include children, I would recommend that you seriously consider skipping PEI. It was extremely buggy (worse than Alaska when we were there last summer), the beaches are bad, the water is freezing, and most of the attractions make you think that's what Myrtle Beach would have been like in the 1950s. Our boys, 11 and 14, hated it and couldn't wait to leave and they're pretty seasoned and fair travelers. It is beautiful, slow, friendly and "quaint" but definitely the beneficiary of an over-the-top marketing campaign.
PEI VASTLY OVERRATED, SKIP IT
View all Canada activity »
- 1 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 2 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 3 Golden BC
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 6 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 7 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 8 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 9 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail