I am arriving in Ottawa May 10 for a 3 day conference and will stay over one extra day (leaving on an evening flight May 14) to supplement the "free times" scheduled into the conference for visitors like myself. I have booked into the Lord Elgin as sessions are there, but really have no idea about Ottawa. I am beginning to do some research, but realize this is also a great opportunity to get some input from those of you who know a thing or two or more about enjoying some time there. Is a tour of Parliament a must-do? Is there a restaurant that is a must-go? What about the Tulip Festival? Other suggestions, ideas? Grateful to hear from you!
Ottawa in May
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Who has made a Resolution to see the Red Sided Garter Snake Migration?
- 3 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 4 Help us see Vancouver island
- 5 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 6 Montreal Jazz Festival
- 7 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 8 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 9 Corporate party
- 10 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 11 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 12 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 13 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 14 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 15 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 16 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 17 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 18 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 19 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 20 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 23 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 24 8 days in NL
- 25 Montreal transportation pass