I am arriving in Ottawa May 10 for a 3 day conference and will stay over one extra day (leaving on an evening flight May 14) to supplement the "free times" scheduled into the conference for visitors like myself. I have booked into the Lord Elgin as sessions are there, but really have no idea about Ottawa. I am beginning to do some research, but realize this is also a great opportunity to get some input from those of you who know a thing or two or more about enjoying some time there. Is a tour of Parliament a must-do? Is there a restaurant that is a must-go? What about the Tulip Festival? Other suggestions, ideas? Grateful to hear from you!
Ottawa in May
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 15 Days in Canada - Quebec and Ontário region
- 2 Alberta parks to Glacier NP itinerary question
- 3 Victoria BC -What to do; What to watch out for
- 4 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 5 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 6 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 7 Adventures in Canada
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 10 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 11 NYC to Montreal by train
- 12 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 13 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 14 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 15 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 16 Where to stay in Banff?
- 17 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 18 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 19 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 20 Transport of cremated remains
- 21 Rockies trip in June.
- 22 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 23 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 24 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 25 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?