My friend and I are driving from Peterborough, Ontario out to Halifax for a few days in probably January to visit a friend. After examining a map two routes stick out in my head. There is the Trans Canada south through Woodstock, Fredericton and Moncton then into NS. There's also one that looks slightly shorter distance wise but I'm just guessing it has slower speed limits, upland weather conditions and lots of moose (and not to mention the remoteness of the region). Thats highway 108 which goes from Grand Falls, through the interior of New Brunswick and down the coast on highway 11 meeting up to the other route near Moncton.
Does anyone know which is faster? What are the benefits of each route? Speed limits and time difference? We plan on leaving Peterborough at 4 or 5 AM and driving straight until we get there, switching up the driving a few times to get through it. In january obviously the weather can stink, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to take time wise from anyone who knows the routes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ontario to NS, trans canada or hwy 108?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 2 Where to stay in Banff?
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 5 NYC to Montreal by train
- 6 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 7 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 8 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 9 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 10 Transport of cremated remains
- 11 Rockies trip in June.
- 12 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 13 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 14 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 15 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 16 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 17 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 18 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 19 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 20 boarder crossing question
- 21 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 22 Calgary hotel help needed
- 23 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 24 a week in St John's, NL
- 25 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI