My friend and I are driving from Peterborough, Ontario out to Halifax for a few days in probably January to visit a friend. After examining a map two routes stick out in my head. There is the Trans Canada south through Woodstock, Fredericton and Moncton then into NS. There's also one that looks slightly shorter distance wise but I'm just guessing it has slower speed limits, upland weather conditions and lots of moose (and not to mention the remoteness of the region). Thats highway 108 which goes from Grand Falls, through the interior of New Brunswick and down the coast on highway 11 meeting up to the other route near Moncton.
Does anyone know which is faster? What are the benefits of each route? Speed limits and time difference? We plan on leaving Peterborough at 4 or 5 AM and driving straight until we get there, switching up the driving a few times to get through it. In january obviously the weather can stink, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to take time wise from anyone who knows the routes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 नेपाली: yahoo Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 yahoo MAIL 24*7
- 2 Newfoundland in early June
- 3 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 4 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 5 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 6 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 7 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 8 Nova Scotia in July
- 9 Cape Breton in early June
- 10 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 11 Magdalen Islands
- 12 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 13 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 14 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 15 Passport question for Int flight
- 16 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 17 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 18 Icefields Parkway
- 19 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 20 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 21 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver
- 22 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 23 Canadian Rockies (Banff, Yoho, Jasper) in July
- 24 Victoria, Canada
- 25 Car rental drop off fees or change itinerary Victoria to Penticton