My friend and I are driving from Peterborough, Ontario out to Halifax for a few days in probably January to visit a friend. After examining a map two routes stick out in my head. There is the Trans Canada south through Woodstock, Fredericton and Moncton then into NS. There's also one that looks slightly shorter distance wise but I'm just guessing it has slower speed limits, upland weather conditions and lots of moose (and not to mention the remoteness of the region). Thats highway 108 which goes from Grand Falls, through the interior of New Brunswick and down the coast on highway 11 meeting up to the other route near Moncton.
Does anyone know which is faster? What are the benefits of each route? Speed limits and time difference? We plan on leaving Peterborough at 4 or 5 AM and driving straight until we get there, switching up the driving a few times to get through it. In january obviously the weather can stink, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to take time wise from anyone who knows the routes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ontario to NS, trans canada or hwy 108?
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 3 Golden BC
- 4 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 5 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 6 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 7 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 8 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 9 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 10 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 11 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 12 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 13 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 14 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 15 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail