My friend and I are driving from Peterborough, Ontario out to Halifax for a few days in probably January to visit a friend. After examining a map two routes stick out in my head. There is the Trans Canada south through Woodstock, Fredericton and Moncton then into NS. There's also one that looks slightly shorter distance wise but I'm just guessing it has slower speed limits, upland weather conditions and lots of moose (and not to mention the remoteness of the region). Thats highway 108 which goes from Grand Falls, through the interior of New Brunswick and down the coast on highway 11 meeting up to the other route near Moncton.
Does anyone know which is faster? What are the benefits of each route? Speed limits and time difference? We plan on leaving Peterborough at 4 or 5 AM and driving straight until we get there, switching up the driving a few times to get through it. In january obviously the weather can stink, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to take time wise from anyone who knows the routes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 총판 토토 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 3 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 4 Keltic Lodge
- 5 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 6 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 7 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 8 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 9 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 10 Icefields Parkway
- 11 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 12 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 13 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 14 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 15 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 16 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 17 Banff to Jasper and back
- 18 Canmore for a few days
- 19 The Canadian
- 20 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 21 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 22 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 23 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 24 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 25 East to West, Roadtrip