My friend and I are driving from Peterborough, Ontario out to Halifax for a few days in probably January to visit a friend. After examining a map two routes stick out in my head. There is the Trans Canada south through Woodstock, Fredericton and Moncton then into NS. There's also one that looks slightly shorter distance wise but I'm just guessing it has slower speed limits, upland weather conditions and lots of moose (and not to mention the remoteness of the region). Thats highway 108 which goes from Grand Falls, through the interior of New Brunswick and down the coast on highway 11 meeting up to the other route near Moncton.
Does anyone know which is faster? What are the benefits of each route? Speed limits and time difference? We plan on leaving Peterborough at 4 or 5 AM and driving straight until we get there, switching up the driving a few times to get through it. In january obviously the weather can stink, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to take time wise from anyone who knows the routes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ontario to NS, trans canada or hwy 108?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 North Vancouver Island
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 4 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 5 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 6 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 7 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 8 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 9 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 10 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 Need tips for this trip
- 12 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 13 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 16 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 17 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 18 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 19 Newfoundland questions
- 20 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 21 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 22 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 23 Itinerary help
- 24 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 25 Montreal/Toronto