My friend and I are driving from Peterborough, Ontario out to Halifax for a few days in probably January to visit a friend. After examining a map two routes stick out in my head. There is the Trans Canada south through Woodstock, Fredericton and Moncton then into NS. There's also one that looks slightly shorter distance wise but I'm just guessing it has slower speed limits, upland weather conditions and lots of moose (and not to mention the remoteness of the region). Thats highway 108 which goes from Grand Falls, through the interior of New Brunswick and down the coast on highway 11 meeting up to the other route near Moncton.
Does anyone know which is faster? What are the benefits of each route? Speed limits and time difference? We plan on leaving Peterborough at 4 or 5 AM and driving straight until we get there, switching up the driving a few times to get through it. In january obviously the weather can stink, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to take time wise from anyone who knows the routes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Hotels in Quebec City
- 2 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 3 Northern Lights
- 4 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 5 Flying from Toronto to London
- 6 Rental car
- 7 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 8 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 9 Montreal in April
- 10 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 11 Cross country drive
- 12 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 13 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 14 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 15 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 16 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 17 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 18 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 19 First family trip to Toronto.
- 20 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 24 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 25 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report