My girlfriend and I just bought tickets flying in and out of Deer lake from August 23-30. We've also already booked a rental car for the week. We haven't decided on an itinerary but we know that we would like to concentrate on exploring Gros Morne. We are also considering making the trip to L'ans aux Medows or maybe Twilightgate or forgo island area.
In Gros Morne we are interested in day hikes and exploring the nature. How does one best do this? Should we pick a place as a base for exploration and stay there for multiply nights or would it be best to change accommodations often? Any recommendations? We would also like to explore smaller villages etc.
With only a week is it worth it to make the trip up to L'ans aux Medows? Anything to see/do along the way? If we do visit L'ans aux Medows is it best to make the drive in a straight shot?
For those of you who have a lot of experience and knowledge of Newfoundland, what would you recommend to a couple of first timers who have a week and are flying in and out of deer lake?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 3 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 4 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 5 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 6 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 7 Temporary residency in Canada
- 8 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 9 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 10 water filtration
- 11 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 12 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 13 Western Canada in August
- 14 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 15 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 16 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 17 Jasper with two elderly
- 18 Dempster highway in early September
- 19 jasper
- 20 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 21 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 22 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 23 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 24 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 25 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston