My girlfriend and I just bought tickets flying in and out of Deer lake from August 23-30. We've also already booked a rental car for the week. We haven't decided on an itinerary but we know that we would like to concentrate on exploring Gros Morne. We are also considering making the trip to L'ans aux Medows or maybe Twilightgate or forgo island area.
In Gros Morne we are interested in day hikes and exploring the nature. How does one best do this? Should we pick a place as a base for exploration and stay there for multiply nights or would it be best to change accommodations often? Any recommendations? We would also like to explore smaller villages etc.
With only a week is it worth it to make the trip up to L'ans aux Medows? Anything to see/do along the way? If we do visit L'ans aux Medows is it best to make the drive in a straight shot?
For those of you who have a lot of experience and knowledge of Newfoundland, what would you recommend to a couple of first timers who have a week and are flying in and out of deer lake?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 4 lodging in whistler
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 BC or Alberta drives
- 7 Torino in february
- 8 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 9 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 12 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec