My girlfriend and I just bought tickets flying in and out of Deer lake from August 23-30. We've also already booked a rental car for the week. We haven't decided on an itinerary but we know that we would like to concentrate on exploring Gros Morne. We are also considering making the trip to L'ans aux Medows or maybe Twilightgate or forgo island area.
In Gros Morne we are interested in day hikes and exploring the nature. How does one best do this? Should we pick a place as a base for exploration and stay there for multiply nights or would it be best to change accommodations often? Any recommendations? We would also like to explore smaller villages etc.
With only a week is it worth it to make the trip up to L'ans aux Medows? Anything to see/do along the way? If we do visit L'ans aux Medows is it best to make the drive in a straight shot?
For those of you who have a lot of experience and knowledge of Newfoundland, what would you recommend to a couple of first timers who have a week and are flying in and out of deer lake?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://tophealthmart.com/Extreme-mxl/
- 2 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 3 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 4 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 5 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 6 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 7 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 9 March in Montreal?
- 10 Eastern Canada in December
- 11 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 12 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 13 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 14 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 15 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 16 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 17 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 18 Tofino
- 19 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 20 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 21 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 22 11th and 12th grade
- 23 Vancouver trip report!
- 24 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 25 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November