My girlfriend and I just bought tickets flying in and out of Deer lake from August 23-30. We've also already booked a rental car for the week. We haven't decided on an itinerary but we know that we would like to concentrate on exploring Gros Morne. We are also considering making the trip to L'ans aux Medows or maybe Twilightgate or forgo island area.
In Gros Morne we are interested in day hikes and exploring the nature. How does one best do this? Should we pick a place as a base for exploration and stay there for multiply nights or would it be best to change accommodations often? Any recommendations? We would also like to explore smaller villages etc.
With only a week is it worth it to make the trip up to L'ans aux Medows? Anything to see/do along the way? If we do visit L'ans aux Medows is it best to make the drive in a straight shot?
For those of you who have a lot of experience and knowledge of Newfoundland, what would you recommend to a couple of first timers who have a week and are flying in and out of deer lake?
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://maxhealthtips.com/proshred-elite/
- 2 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 3 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 4 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 9 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 12 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 13 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 14 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 15 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 16 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 17 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 18 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 19 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 20 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 21 Pearson Airport logistics
- 22 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 23 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge