Just started some last minute planning to Newfoundland. Will have 2 wks to spend and will start in St John's. Will also head north to the Trinity/Bonavista area, Gross Morne and will ultimately fly out of Deer Lake. I'm having a hard time finding companies (I know it will be expensive due to drop off fees) that allow for the one way rental. Has anyone done this recently and if so, can you suggest something. Hertz doesn't have anything in Deer Lake, Enterprise doesn't allow for one way; Budget only has smaller cars (need something big) and Avis has limited options. Just thought there might be something out there I'm missing. Also, has anyone stayed in St. Johns at either the Ryan Mansion Hotel, Leaside Manor Heritage Inn, or the Park House Inn?? Recommendations would be welcome. Can anyone tell me what to expect (absent hurricanes) for weather conditions from mid August into early September? Thanks
One Way Car Rental/ Accomodations
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 4 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 5 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Need tips for this trip
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver