Always appreciate Fodorites' input so I'm throwing it out there once again!
Need advice as to where to stay in Calgary in January next year ..22nd please
Coming in from ny with daughter 22 and son 19 to meet my husband who'll be flying from Sydney Australia in one big swoop
We will have most of the day to hang round waiting for him to fly in early evening so we are looking to stay the night in Calgary rather than following through with the original plan of driving straight on to Banff...our actual destination
I guess we should stay downtown?
Last time husband and I overnighted at the acclaim hotel and then drove to Banff...this time the kids and I will take a cab to some hotel ...and head out to have a look at Calgary whilst we wait for my husband to arrive, pick up the rental etc and meet us
We obviously need three beds to accommodate our family so that probably means a family suite
Doesn't have to be flash...just clean and a safe neighbourhood
Id prefer to just step out and be central to ' things'...we only have a few hours...just a meal and a bit of a look around
I'm only familiar with the cross iron shopping mall where I bought some snow boots last time so id appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver for Christmas
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia