Always appreciate Fodorites' input so I'm throwing it out there once again!
Need advice as to where to stay in Calgary in January next year ..22nd please
Coming in from ny with daughter 22 and son 19 to meet my husband who'll be flying from Sydney Australia in one big swoop
We will have most of the day to hang round waiting for him to fly in early evening so we are looking to stay the night in Calgary rather than following through with the original plan of driving straight on to Banff...our actual destination
I guess we should stay downtown?
Last time husband and I overnighted at the acclaim hotel and then drove to Banff...this time the kids and I will take a cab to some hotel ...and head out to have a look at Calgary whilst we wait for my husband to arrive, pick up the rental etc and meet us
We obviously need three beds to accommodate our family so that probably means a family suite
Doesn't have to be flash...just clean and a safe neighbourhood
Id prefer to just step out and be central to ' things'...we only have a few hours...just a meal and a bit of a look around
I'm only familiar with the cross iron shopping mall where I bought some snow boots last time so id appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/baebody-eye-gel/
- 2 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 3 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 4 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 5 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 6 Keltic Lodge
- 7 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 8 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 9 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 10 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 11 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 12 Icefields Parkway
- 13 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 14 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 15 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 16 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 17 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 18 Banff to Jasper and back
- 19 Canmore for a few days
- 20 The Canadian
- 21 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 22 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 23 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 24 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 25 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying