Always appreciate Fodorites' input so I'm throwing it out there once again!
Need advice as to where to stay in Calgary in January next year ..22nd please
Coming in from ny with daughter 22 and son 19 to meet my husband who'll be flying from Sydney Australia in one big swoop
We will have most of the day to hang round waiting for him to fly in early evening so we are looking to stay the night in Calgary rather than following through with the original plan of driving straight on to Banff...our actual destination
I guess we should stay downtown?
Last time husband and I overnighted at the acclaim hotel and then drove to Banff...this time the kids and I will take a cab to some hotel ...and head out to have a look at Calgary whilst we wait for my husband to arrive, pick up the rental etc and meet us
We obviously need three beds to accommodate our family so that probably means a family suite
Doesn't have to be flash...just clean and a safe neighbourhood
Id prefer to just step out and be central to ' things'...we only have a few hours...just a meal and a bit of a look around
I'm only familiar with the cross iron shopping mall where I bought some snow boots last time so id appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 2 Canadian Rockies - Road Trip Itinerary
- 3 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 4 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 5 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 6 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 7 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 8 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 9 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 10 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 11 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 12 Temporary residency in Canada
- 13 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 14 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 15 water filtration
- 16 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 17 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 18 Western Canada in August
- 19 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 20 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 21 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 22 Jasper with two elderly
- 23 Dempster highway in early September
- 24 jasper
- 25 Toronto-afternoon tea