Just in the planning stage of this years trip. We live in Oregon and thinking of a driving trip north to the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper). Vacation is planned for two weeks in early to mid October. Since we are driving we are thinking we will be able to change plans depending on the weather conditions. Looking for guidance of how realistic it is to drive in the Rockies in October?! I know most of the colored leaves will be gone by then, but sill spectacular scenery! Oh, we are in our 60's drive an SUV, probably not a lot of heavy duty hiking, more just sight seeing. Thoughts?? Thank you
October in the Rockies
View all Canada activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 3 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 4 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 5 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 6 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 7 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 8 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 9 Golden, British Columbia
- 10 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 11 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 13 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 14 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 15 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 16 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 17 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 18 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 19 America by Rail
- 20 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 21 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 22 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 23 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 24 Information needed
- 25 Reliable Taxis in Vancouver