Just in the planning stage of this years trip. We live in Oregon and thinking of a driving trip north to the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper). Vacation is planned for two weeks in early to mid October. Since we are driving we are thinking we will be able to change plans depending on the weather conditions. Looking for guidance of how realistic it is to drive in the Rockies in October?! I know most of the colored leaves will be gone by then, but sill spectacular scenery! Oh, we are in our 60's drive an SUV, probably not a lot of heavy duty hiking, more just sight seeing. Thoughts?? Thank you
October in the Rockies
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 2 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 3 NYC to Montreal by train
- 4 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 7 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 Transport of cremated remains
- 10 Rockies trip in June.
- 11 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 12 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 13 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 14 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 15 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 16 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 17 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 18 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 boarder crossing question
- 20 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 21 Calgary hotel help needed
- 22 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 23 a week in St John's, NL
- 24 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 25 graduation in Vancouver