Just in the planning stage of this years trip. We live in Oregon and thinking of a driving trip north to the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper). Vacation is planned for two weeks in early to mid October. Since we are driving we are thinking we will be able to change plans depending on the weather conditions. Looking for guidance of how realistic it is to drive in the Rockies in October?! I know most of the colored leaves will be gone by then, but sill spectacular scenery! Oh, we are in our 60's drive an SUV, probably not a lot of heavy duty hiking, more just sight seeing. Thoughts?? Thank you
October in the Rockies
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 4 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 5 Need tips for this trip
- 6 Rockies trip in June.
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver