Just in the planning stage of this years trip. We live in Oregon and thinking of a driving trip north to the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper). Vacation is planned for two weeks in early to mid October. Since we are driving we are thinking we will be able to change plans depending on the weather conditions. Looking for guidance of how realistic it is to drive in the Rockies in October?! I know most of the colored leaves will be gone by then, but sill spectacular scenery! Oh, we are in our 60's drive an SUV, probably not a lot of heavy duty hiking, more just sight seeing. Thoughts?? Thank you
October in the Rockies
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 2 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 3 Jet to Victoria
- 4 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 5 quebec
- 6 Fresh Fruit from US
- 7 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 8 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 9 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 10 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 11 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 12 Alberta Wildfires
- 13 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 14 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 15 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 18 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 19 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 20 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 21 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 22 Grouse or Whistler?
- 23 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 24 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 25 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?