I was looking at making this trip, but Yahoo maps is telling me NY to Saint John, New Brunswick is 15+ hours, whereas MapQuest is saying 12.5 hours. For Saint John to Quebec, Quebec, Yahoo is saying there is no route, but MapQuest is giving me 7.5 hours by going around the top of Maine. News to me, but it seems northern Maine is completely uninhabited and without roads. How bout that, we do still have some unsoiled land.
Has anyone done either leg? Even leaving from somewhere in New England is fine. Or of course coming from CAN to the Northeast US. I know my driving distance up to points in Maine, but Ive never gone north of there. Im trying to figure if its doable for me or if it would require too many stopovers, not leaving me enough time to spend doing stuff there.
Im posting this to both the US and CAN boards.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://tophealthmart.com/Extreme-mxl/
- 2 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 3 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 4 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 5 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 6 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 7 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 9 March in Montreal?
- 10 Eastern Canada in December
- 11 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 12 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 13 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 14 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 15 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 16 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 17 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 18 Tofino
- 19 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 20 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 21 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 22 11th and 12th grade
- 23 Vancouver trip report!
- 24 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 25 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November