I was looking at making this trip, but Yahoo maps is telling me NY to Saint John, New Brunswick is 15+ hours, whereas MapQuest is saying 12.5 hours. For Saint John to Quebec, Quebec, Yahoo is saying there is no route, but MapQuest is giving me 7.5 hours by going around the top of Maine. News to me, but it seems northern Maine is completely uninhabited and without roads. How bout that, we do still have some unsoiled land.
Has anyone done either leg? Even leaving from somewhere in New England is fine. Or of course coming from CAN to the Northeast US. I know my driving distance up to points in Maine, but Ive never gone north of there. Im trying to figure if its doable for me or if it would require too many stopovers, not leaving me enough time to spend doing stuff there.
Im posting this to both the US and CAN boards.
NYC to St. John, NB to Quebec, QC How far?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 2 Car travel from jasper to vancouver via whistler
- 3 Buying a wheelchair in Toronto
- 4 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 5 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 6 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 7 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 8 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 9 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 10 Victoria
- 11 Help us see Vancouver island
- 12 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 13 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 14 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 15 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 16 NOTL weather in Sept
- 17 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 18 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 19 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 20 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 21 birthday trip
- 22 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 23 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 24 Best hikes in Banff
- 25 Hotels in Toronto