I was looking at making this trip, but Yahoo maps is telling me NY to Saint John, New Brunswick is 15+ hours, whereas MapQuest is saying 12.5 hours. For Saint John to Quebec, Quebec, Yahoo is saying there is no route, but MapQuest is giving me 7.5 hours by going around the top of Maine. News to me, but it seems northern Maine is completely uninhabited and without roads. How bout that, we do still have some unsoiled land.
Has anyone done either leg? Even leaving from somewhere in New England is fine. Or of course coming from CAN to the Northeast US. I know my driving distance up to points in Maine, but Ive never gone north of there. Im trying to figure if its doable for me or if it would require too many stopovers, not leaving me enough time to spend doing stuff there.
Im posting this to both the US and CAN boards.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Temporary residency in Canada
- 2 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 3 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 4 water filtration
- 5 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 6 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Western Canada in August
- 9 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 10 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 11 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 12 Jasper with two elderly
- 13 Dempster highway in early September
- 14 jasper
- 15 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 16 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 17 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 18 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 19 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 20 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 21 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 22 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 23 Banff
- 24 St John's, NL Camping?
- 25 Christmas in Quebec City