I was looking at making this trip, but Yahoo maps is telling me NY to Saint John, New Brunswick is 15+ hours, whereas MapQuest is saying 12.5 hours. For Saint John to Quebec, Quebec, Yahoo is saying there is no route, but MapQuest is giving me 7.5 hours by going around the top of Maine. News to me, but it seems northern Maine is completely uninhabited and without roads. How bout that, we do still have some unsoiled land.
Has anyone done either leg? Even leaving from somewhere in New England is fine. Or of course coming from CAN to the Northeast US. I know my driving distance up to points in Maine, but Ive never gone north of there. Im trying to figure if its doable for me or if it would require too many stopovers, not leaving me enough time to spend doing stuff there.
Im posting this to both the US and CAN boards.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Restores, revitalize
- 2 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 5 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 6 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 7 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 8 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 9 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 10 Victoria?
- 11 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 12 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 13 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 14 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 15 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 16 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 17 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 18 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 19 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 20 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 21 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 22 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 23 PEI or Cape Breton?
- 24 Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise 10 day trip help
- 25 Athabasca Walks