I was looking at making this trip, but Yahoo maps is telling me NY to Saint John, New Brunswick is 15+ hours, whereas MapQuest is saying 12.5 hours. For Saint John to Quebec, Quebec, Yahoo is saying there is no route, but MapQuest is giving me 7.5 hours by going around the top of Maine. News to me, but it seems northern Maine is completely uninhabited and without roads. How bout that, we do still have some unsoiled land.
Has anyone done either leg? Even leaving from somewhere in New England is fine. Or of course coming from CAN to the Northeast US. I know my driving distance up to points in Maine, but Ive never gone north of there. Im trying to figure if its doable for me or if it would require too many stopovers, not leaving me enough time to spend doing stuff there.
Im posting this to both the US and CAN boards.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Fastest way Ottawa-Toronto
- 2 Layover in Toronto
- 3 45th Birthday Getaway
- 4 45th Birthday Getaway
- 5 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 6 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 7 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 10 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 11 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 12 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 13 Keltic Lodge
- 14 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 15 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 17 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 18 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 19 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 22 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 23 Banff to Jasper and back
- 24 Canmore for a few days
- 25 The Canadian