I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. After starting a search for flights and deals, a friend suggested I take the train. The major drawback I see is the time the trip takes: approx. 10 hrs as opposed to a 2 hour flight. I am told that the scenery on the train is lovely and the price is attractive. So, has anyone done this? If so, what did you think and would you do it again?
NYC to Montreal by train
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 2 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 3 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 4 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 5 quebec
- 6 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 7 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 8 Alberta Wildfires
- 9 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 10 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 11 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 12 Niagara Falls Canada
- 13 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 14 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 15 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 16 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 17 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 18 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 19 Grouse or Whistler?
- 20 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 21 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 22 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 23 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 24 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August
- 25 Restaurants inWhistler