I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. After starting a search for flights and deals, a friend suggested I take the train. The major drawback I see is the time the trip takes: approx. 10 hrs as opposed to a 2 hour flight. I am told that the scenery on the train is lovely and the price is attractive. So, has anyone done this? If so, what did you think and would you do it again?
NYC to Montreal by train
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 2 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 3 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 4 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 5 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 6 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 7 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 8 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 9 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 10 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 11 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 12 2 days in Vancouver
- 13 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 14 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 15 8 days in NL
- 16 Montreal transportation pass
- 17 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 18 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 19 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 20 Newfoundland tent camping
- 21 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!
- 22 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 23 Thousand Islands
- 24 Crazy to Go to Montreal in Winter?
- 25 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental