I'm travelling to Nova Scotia (from Ontario) this summer (August) with a total of 3 adults & 3 kids (14, 12 and 9). We are wanting to see the western side of NS (as two of the adults have already done the CB trail). We're needing advice about a few things.......
1. What would be a reasonable itinerary if we were to be there for about 6-7 days? We'd like to move 'bases' as little as possible but I realize we might not be staying in one accommodation for the entire week. Suggestions? How many nights in Halifax where we can do Halifax and other close-by towns? What other town would you make as your base? Is it possible to go to the west coast side and to do the Pictou area? Too much?
2. Suggested activities for families in some of the major 'western' towns?
3. Suggested accommodations? I'm finding many places either A) want a minimum of a 7 night stay and/or don't sleep 6.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 2 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 3 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 4 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 5 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 6 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 7 Best Jasper Campground
- 8 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 9 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 10 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 11 Victoria in December
- 12 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 13 Opportunity for business loan
- 14 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 15 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 16 Nova Scotia - October
- 17 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 18 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 19 Across Canada by Train
- 20 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 21 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 22 Nova Scotia
- 23 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 24 Eating lobster
- 25 2 weeks self drive itinerary - NB & NS