I'm travelling to Nova Scotia (from Ontario) this summer (August) with a total of 3 adults & 3 kids (14, 12 and 9). We are wanting to see the western side of NS (as two of the adults have already done the CB trail). We're needing advice about a few things.......
1. What would be a reasonable itinerary if we were to be there for about 6-7 days? We'd like to move 'bases' as little as possible but I realize we might not be staying in one accommodation for the entire week. Suggestions? How many nights in Halifax where we can do Halifax and other close-by towns? What other town would you make as your base? Is it possible to go to the west coast side and to do the Pictou area? Too much?
2. Suggested activities for families in some of the major 'western' towns?
3. Suggested accommodations? I'm finding many places either A) want a minimum of a 7 night stay and/or don't sleep 6.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 WEBROOT 1800:681:7208 installation renewal CONTACT WEBROOT Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 3 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?