I'm travelling to Nova Scotia (from Ontario) this summer (August) with a total of 3 adults & 3 kids (14, 12 and 9). We are wanting to see the western side of NS (as two of the adults have already done the CB trail). We're needing advice about a few things.......
1. What would be a reasonable itinerary if we were to be there for about 6-7 days? We'd like to move 'bases' as little as possible but I realize we might not be staying in one accommodation for the entire week. Suggestions? How many nights in Halifax where we can do Halifax and other close-by towns? What other town would you make as your base? Is it possible to go to the west coast side and to do the Pictou area? Too much?
2. Suggested activities for families in some of the major 'western' towns?
3. Suggested accommodations? I'm finding many places either A) want a minimum of a 7 night stay and/or don't sleep 6.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 2 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 3 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 7 March in Montreal?
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 10 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 11 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 12 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 13 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 14 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 15 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 16 Tofino
- 17 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 18 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 19 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 20 11th and 12th grade
- 21 Vancouver trip report!
- 22 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 23 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 24 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 25 looking to experience Canada by train