I'm travelling to Nova Scotia (from Ontario) this summer (August) with a total of 3 adults & 3 kids (14, 12 and 9). We are wanting to see the western side of NS (as two of the adults have already done the CB trail). We're needing advice about a few things.......
1. What would be a reasonable itinerary if we were to be there for about 6-7 days? We'd like to move 'bases' as little as possible but I realize we might not be staying in one accommodation for the entire week. Suggestions? How many nights in Halifax where we can do Halifax and other close-by towns? What other town would you make as your base? Is it possible to go to the west coast side and to do the Pictou area? Too much?
2. Suggested activities for families in some of the major 'western' towns?
3. Suggested accommodations? I'm finding many places either A) want a minimum of a 7 night stay and/or don't sleep 6.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 2 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 5 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 6 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 7 Itinerary feedback, please
- 8 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 9 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 10 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 11 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 12 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 13 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 14 Best Way
- 15 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 16 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 17 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 18 Bay of Fundy
- 19 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 20 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 21 First trip to Vancouver
- 22 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 23 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 24 Alberta Trip_2017
- 25 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around