So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Camping in Newfoundland and Labrador
- 2 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 3 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 4 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 5 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 6 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 7 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 8 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 9 Long Weekend Toronto
- 10 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 11 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 12 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 13 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 14 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 15 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 16 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 17 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 18 My first trip to Toronto
- 19 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 20 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 21 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 22 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 23 Cross border rental
- 24 Day or Weekend trips from Toronto
- 25 East Coast this July.