So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Nova Scotia Trip Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 2 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 3 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 4 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 5 Help us see Vancouver island
- 6 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 7 NOTL weather in Sept
- 8 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 9 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 10 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 11 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 12 birthday trip
- 13 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 14 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 15 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 16 Best hikes in Banff
- 17 Victoria
- 18 Hotels in Toronto
- 19 Advice trip to Canada
- 20 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 21 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 22 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?
- 23 Maritime Road Trip from Ottawa - HELP !
- 24 Downtown Montreal Restaurants
- 25 Great hiking spots between Calgary and Alberta