So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 2 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 3 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Newfoundland in July
- 6 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 7 Jasper
- 8 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 9 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 10 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 11 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 12 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 13 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 14 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 15 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 16 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 17 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 18 Calgary Stampede
- 19 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 20 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 21 11 Day Road trip
- 22 Canada - 1st time
- 23 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 24 Halifax port restaurants
- 25 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel