So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 2 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 3 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia