So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 2 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 3 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 4 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 5 Quebec City in mid-November
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 8 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 9 Calgary
- 10 Tofino
- 11 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 12 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 13 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 16 Banff in October
- 17 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 18 Quebec City in autumn
- 19 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 20 Quebec City
- 21 Family ski holiday
- 22 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 23 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 24 Please help with BC itinerary
- 25 Travel through Chicago