So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Nova Scotia Trip Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal & Quebec City - advice needed
- 2 Niagara Falls Canada
- 3 Please Help!... Nova Scotia Road Trip
- 4 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 5 Vancouver Trip Report with stay at Four Seasons
- 6 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 7 Banf
- 8 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 9 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 12 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 13 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 14 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 15 Gaspe
- 16 Tours
- 17 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 18 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 19 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 20 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 21 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 22 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 23 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 24 Alberta Wildfires
- 25 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa