So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Nova Scotia Trip Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Short term lodging
- 2 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 3 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Vancouver top restaurant
- 6 Montreal Entertainment
- 7 Heli skiing in March
- 8 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 9 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 10 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 11 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 12 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 13 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 14 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 15 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 16 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 17 Toronto lodgings
- 18 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 19 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 20 rockies in september
- 21 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 22 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Viking Trail
- 24 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 25 Quebec City trip.report