So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 2 Northern Lights
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Flying from Toronto to London
- 5 Rental car
- 6 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 7 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 8 Montreal in April
- 9 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 10 Cross country drive
- 11 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 14 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 15 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 16 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 17 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 18 First family trip to Toronto.
- 19 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 20 Calgary Stampede
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 23 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 24 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 25 Canadian Rockies photography