So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 2 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 3 good lobster roll
- 4 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 5 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 6 Canada in Feb 2016
- 7 King City and surrounding
- 8 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 9 20 hour layover
- 10 Montreal or Toronto?
- 11 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 12 Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 13 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 14 Montreal for two days -- mini TR
- 15 VYR to Victoria Inner Harbour
- 16 montreal to Manchester leaf peeping
- 17 Vancouver/Victoria Honeymoon
- 18 cheap Toronto airport hotel
- 19 My husband cheated and I'm moving away! PEI, Newfoundland or Nova Scotia?
- 20 Barberian's Steak House, Toronto: dcguy477
- 21 YYZ - QC - NB - NS - PEI Road Trip!
- 22 Child booster seat requirement
- 23 Jasper vacation home/condo rental for 5
- 24 Visiting Toronto
- 25 which hotel in Vancouver