So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 2 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 3 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 4 Vancouver in June
- 5 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 6 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 7 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 8 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 9 3 days in europe
- 10 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 11 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 12 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 13 Quebec province GTG?
- 14 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 15 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 16 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 17 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 18 Best hikes in Banff
- 19 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 20 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 21 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 22 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 23 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 24 Nova Scotia hotels
- 25 3 full days in and round Banff