So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 3 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 4 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 5 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 6 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 7 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 8 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 9 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 10 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 12 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 13 Calgary Stampede
- 14 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 15 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 16 11 Day Road trip
- 17 Canada - 1st time
- 18 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 19 Halifax port restaurants
- 20 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 21 Road Trip Help
- 22 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 23 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way
- 24 Grizzly Bears Campbell River
- 25 Newfoundland- Airport to Downtown transportation.