So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Nova Scotia Trip Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 2 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 3 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 4 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 5 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 6 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 7 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 8 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 9 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 10 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 11 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 12 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 13 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 14 Halifax-PEI
- 15 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 16 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 17 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 18 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 19 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 20 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 21 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 22 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 23 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 24 Aloft or Sheraton near Montreal Airport
- 25 SIM Cards for the States and Canada