So I am planning a trip out east with my boyfriend this summer, and really want it to be a good experience.
We are from Toronto Area, and planning to drive.
Our Itinerary will look SOMETHING like this:
Day 1: Drive drive drive... stop about an hour past Quebec City
Day 2: More drive drive drive... stop in Sydney, NS (I get that this is lots of driving for two days, about 10-12 hours each day, but I'd rather take a slower drive on the way back when we are tired.
Day 3: Head do Fortress of Louisbourg for morning, and Miners Museum on the way back to Sydney.
Day 4/5: Spend on the Cabot trail.
Day 6-12: Spend in Halifax, and doing day trips (ie Peggy's cove, Lunenburg, Drive the Eastern Shore)
Day 13-15: Bay of Fundy area (both the NS side and NB side).
Then day 16-17: Driving back (stop in Montreal to visit my brother)
My biggest question is while in Halifax, what good day trips are there to take? Where are good hiking/scenary areas, and where are good places for food? Also if that itinerary sounds OK?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Kitchen Units Glasgow
- 2 http://www.healthdiscreet.com/luminesque/
- 3 Vancouver for Christmas
- 4 Border crossing
- 5 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 6 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 7 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 8 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 9 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 10 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 12 March in Montreal?
- 13 Eastern Canada in December
- 14 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 15 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 16 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 17 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 18 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 19 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 20 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 21 Tofino
- 22 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 23 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 24 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 25 11th and 12th grade