My friend and I are planning a trip to the Northwest Territories. More specifically Yellowknife. We are two females in our early 20's and are wondering what are the main attractions/events that we should do while there in the winter time? We're open to camping and really want to experience the nature of the province. We know that in the temperature is around -25 degrees Celsius in January and were wondering what we should bring and what we should wear? Do we need any special equipment to keep warm? Also is there anything we should look out for since we are two women traveling alone? Any advice or experiences of people who have been here/camped in the Northwest Territories would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 iPhone in Canada
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Victoria Dining
- 4 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 5 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 6 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 7 Quebec City trip.report
- 8 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 9 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 10 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 11 Quebic City or Montreal
- 12 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 13 ft nelson bc
- 14 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 15 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 16 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 17 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 18 canada in the winter?
- 19 Canada in winter
- 20 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 21 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 22 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 23 Telegraph cove
- 24 trip report rockies
- 25 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.