Where might be the best place to hang out in August to catch the Northern Lights? I'll be in the NW (USA) and BC for July and would like to head north in August and just wait for the lights, possibly September too. I'm looking for a good spot to watch from, and an affordable place to stay for a couple months. Does this even exist in BC?
Northern Lights Aurora Borealis, August
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 3 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 4 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 5 Car Service in Toronto
- 6 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 7 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 8 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 9 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 10 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 11 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 12 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 13 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 Alberta Wildfires
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 18 Fresh Fruit from US
- 19 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 20 quebec
- 21 Jet to Victoria
- 22 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 23 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 24 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 25 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey