I am planning a trip for either mid-January or first week of March 2013, the main goal is to see the northern lights and the original plan is to fly to Fairbanks, Alaska (from New Jersey) for a 4-day trip. But now I am looking into a week-long trip at Banff and Jasper National Parks instead, because it seems there would be more stuff to do, in addition to seeing the northern lights (and it would be shorter flight from NJ flying into Calgery). I know there is no guarantee that we would be able to see it at either place, but what are the chances of seeing it at Banff/Jasper that time of the year? Is it so low that we should not even consider it?
Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL