I am planning a trip for either mid-January or first week of March 2013, the main goal is to see the northern lights and the original plan is to fly to Fairbanks, Alaska (from New Jersey) for a 4-day trip. But now I am looking into a week-long trip at Banff and Jasper National Parks instead, because it seems there would be more stuff to do, in addition to seeing the northern lights (and it would be shorter flight from NJ flying into Calgery). I know there is no guarantee that we would be able to see it at either place, but what are the chances of seeing it at Banff/Jasper that time of the year? Is it so low that we should not even consider it?
Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 2 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 3 Corporate party
- 4 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 5 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 6 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 7 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 8 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 9 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 10 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 11 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 12 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 13 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 14 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 15 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 16 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 17 2 days in Vancouver
- 18 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 19 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 20 8 days in NL
- 21 Montreal transportation pass
- 22 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 23 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 24 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 25 Newfoundland tent camping