Hello, I am planning a vacation with my 11 yr old to Niagara Falls and Toronto in either July or August. Flying is too expensive so I have been weighing the pros and cons of train travel vs. car rental. I live in the DC area so it wouldn't be a long drive and I really would like access to a vehicle for Toronto. From having read some of the other forum discussions, it seems that a 2 day stint in Niagara Falls (Canada side) should be more than sufficient. We will then spend the bulk of our time in Toronto. My main question is if I decide to go the train route, what would be the best way to travel from Niagara Falls to Toronto? And would it be possible to rent a vehicle upon arriving in Toronto? Or does it just make more sense to drive the entire trip from DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Niagara Falls/Toronto in the summer
- 1 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 2 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 3 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 4 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 5 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 6 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 7 Hotel Reservations
- 8 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 9 Trip to Rockies
- 10 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 11 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 12 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 13 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 14 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 15 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 16 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 17 Nova Scotia in June
- 18 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 19 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 20 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 21 Calgary - Things to Do
- 22 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 23 Need help, can't decide
- 24 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 25 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?