Hello, I am planning a vacation with my 11 yr old to Niagara Falls and Toronto in either July or August. Flying is too expensive so I have been weighing the pros and cons of train travel vs. car rental. I live in the DC area so it wouldn't be a long drive and I really would like access to a vehicle for Toronto. From having read some of the other forum discussions, it seems that a 2 day stint in Niagara Falls (Canada side) should be more than sufficient. We will then spend the bulk of our time in Toronto. My main question is if I decide to go the train route, what would be the best way to travel from Niagara Falls to Toronto? And would it be possible to rent a vehicle upon arriving in Toronto? Or does it just make more sense to drive the entire trip from DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Niagara Falls/Toronto in the summer
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 2 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 3 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 4 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 5 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 6 iPhone in Canada
- 7 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 8 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 9 Victoria Dining
- 10 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 11 Quebec City trip.report
- 12 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 13 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 14 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 15 Quebic City or Montreal
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 ft nelson bc
- 18 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 19 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 20 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 21 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 22 canada in the winter?
- 23 Canada in winter
- 24 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 25 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October