Hello, I am planning a vacation with my 11 yr old to Niagara Falls and Toronto in either July or August. Flying is too expensive so I have been weighing the pros and cons of train travel vs. car rental. I live in the DC area so it wouldn't be a long drive and I really would like access to a vehicle for Toronto. From having read some of the other forum discussions, it seems that a 2 day stint in Niagara Falls (Canada side) should be more than sufficient. We will then spend the bulk of our time in Toronto. My main question is if I decide to go the train route, what would be the best way to travel from Niagara Falls to Toronto? And would it be possible to rent a vehicle upon arriving in Toronto? Or does it just make more sense to drive the entire trip from DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Niagara Falls/Toronto in the summer
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 2 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 5 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 6 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 7 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 8 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 9 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 10 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 11 Golden, British Columbia
- 12 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 15 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 16 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 17 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 18 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 19 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 20 America by Rail
- 21 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 22 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 23 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 24 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 25 Information needed