Hello, I am planning a vacation with my 11 yr old to Niagara Falls and Toronto in either July or August. Flying is too expensive so I have been weighing the pros and cons of train travel vs. car rental. I live in the DC area so it wouldn't be a long drive and I really would like access to a vehicle for Toronto. From having read some of the other forum discussions, it seems that a 2 day stint in Niagara Falls (Canada side) should be more than sufficient. We will then spend the bulk of our time in Toronto. My main question is if I decide to go the train route, what would be the best way to travel from Niagara Falls to Toronto? And would it be possible to rent a vehicle upon arriving in Toronto? Or does it just make more sense to drive the entire trip from DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Niagara Falls/Toronto in the summer
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 2 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 3 Toronto: where to stay?
- 4 Vancouver top restaurant
- 5 Montreal Entertainment
- 6 Heli skiing in March
- 7 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 8 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 9 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 10 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 11 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 14 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 15 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 16 Toronto lodgings
- 17 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 18 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 19 rockies in september
- 20 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 21 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 22 Viking Trail
- 23 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 24 Quebec City trip.report
- 25 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz