Hello, I am planning a vacation with my 11 yr old to Niagara Falls and Toronto in either July or August. Flying is too expensive so I have been weighing the pros and cons of train travel vs. car rental. I live in the DC area so it wouldn't be a long drive and I really would like access to a vehicle for Toronto. From having read some of the other forum discussions, it seems that a 2 day stint in Niagara Falls (Canada side) should be more than sufficient. We will then spend the bulk of our time in Toronto. My main question is if I decide to go the train route, what would be the best way to travel from Niagara Falls to Toronto? And would it be possible to rent a vehicle upon arriving in Toronto? Or does it just make more sense to drive the entire trip from DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Niagara Falls/Toronto in the summer
- 1 Gros Morne accommodations
- 2 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 3 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 4 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 5 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 6 Almost 2 days in Vancouver....help!!!
- 7 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 8 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 9 Moncton start, Nova Scotia and PEI in 9 days
- 10 Nova Scotia ideas...
- 11 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 12 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 13 Two nights in Quebec City - hotel, restaurant, activity suggestions?
- 14 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 15 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 16 Calgary treats
- 17 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 18 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 19 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 20 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 21 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 22 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 23 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 24 DOG SLEDDING
- 25 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls