Thx to your informative posts (especially multi-posters--you know who you are), I have a wonderful foundation for my 17 day trip.
However, a few more details would help fine tuning the # of days to spend in each area:
How long does it take to see the viking site at L'Anse aux Meadows?
Has anyone been to the Norseman Restaurant dinner theatre? Is it pretty good or just "cheesy"?
Is driving from St. Anthony's to Twillingate too far for one day? (I looked up the km's so I know it's "do-able", I'm wondering if it's practical.)
If not, Deer Lake seems a mid-point for an overnite. Is there enough to do there to fill our day on the way to Twillingate? (We're already spending 3 nights at Gros Morne.) Or would it be better for us to do the long drive one day and then spend the extra night at Bay de Verde?
How long does it take to hike up Signal Hill?
Can the La Manche-Ferryland-Chance Cove-
Cape Race-Mistaken Point-Portugal Cove South
Trepassey-Cape Pine-St. Shotts-Peter's River
St. Stephens-St. Vincent route be reasonably done in a day and a half?
Lots of questions, I know it seems the more research I do on this trip, the more of NF I want to see! Thx a mint in advance for any insights...
(I planned to go to NF last year but your posts convinced me the 5 days I had were not enough...now, I am very grateful for all your advice and feel it will be worthwhile burning so many of my vacation days on this trip this year!)
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 https://klereumcol.com/follicle-rx/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 4 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 5 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 6 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 7 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 8 Best Jasper Campground
- 9 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 10 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 11 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 12 Victoria in December
- 13 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 14 Opportunity for business loan
- 15 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 16 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 17 Nova Scotia - October
- 18 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 19 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 20 Across Canada by Train
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 23 Nova Scotia
- 24 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 25 Eating lobster