Thx to your informative posts (especially multi-posters--you know who you are), I have a wonderful foundation for my 17 day trip.
However, a few more details would help fine tuning the # of days to spend in each area:
How long does it take to see the viking site at L'Anse aux Meadows?
Has anyone been to the Norseman Restaurant dinner theatre? Is it pretty good or just "cheesy"?
Is driving from St. Anthony's to Twillingate too far for one day? (I looked up the km's so I know it's "do-able", I'm wondering if it's practical.)
If not, Deer Lake seems a mid-point for an overnite. Is there enough to do there to fill our day on the way to Twillingate? (We're already spending 3 nights at Gros Morne.) Or would it be better for us to do the long drive one day and then spend the extra night at Bay de Verde?
How long does it take to hike up Signal Hill?
Can the La Manche-Ferryland-Chance Cove-
Cape Race-Mistaken Point-Portugal Cove South
Trepassey-Cape Pine-St. Shotts-Peter's River
St. Stephens-St. Vincent route be reasonably done in a day and a half?
Lots of questions, I know it seems the more research I do on this trip, the more of NF I want to see! Thx a mint in advance for any insights...
(I planned to go to NF last year but your posts convinced me the 5 days I had were not enough...now, I am very grateful for all your advice and feel it will be worthwhile burning so many of my vacation days on this trip this year!)
NF: How long...trip detail ?'s
- 1 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 2 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 3 Golden BC
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 6 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 7 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 8 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 9 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail