Thx to your informative posts (especially multi-posters--you know who you are), I have a wonderful foundation for my 17 day trip.
However, a few more details would help fine tuning the # of days to spend in each area:
How long does it take to see the viking site at L'Anse aux Meadows?
Has anyone been to the Norseman Restaurant dinner theatre? Is it pretty good or just "cheesy"?
Is driving from St. Anthony's to Twillingate too far for one day? (I looked up the km's so I know it's "do-able", I'm wondering if it's practical.)
If not, Deer Lake seems a mid-point for an overnite. Is there enough to do there to fill our day on the way to Twillingate? (We're already spending 3 nights at Gros Morne.) Or would it be better for us to do the long drive one day and then spend the extra night at Bay de Verde?
How long does it take to hike up Signal Hill?
Can the La Manche-Ferryland-Chance Cove-
Cape Race-Mistaken Point-Portugal Cove South
Trepassey-Cape Pine-St. Shotts-Peter's River
St. Stephens-St. Vincent route be reasonably done in a day and a half?
Lots of questions, I know it seems the more research I do on this trip, the more of NF I want to see! Thx a mint in advance for any insights...
(I planned to go to NF last year but your posts convinced me the 5 days I had were not enough...now, I am very grateful for all your advice and feel it will be worthwhile burning so many of my vacation days on this trip this year!)
NF: How long...trip detail ?'s
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy Quality Real And Fake USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Drive
- 2 Northwest Territories in the summer
- 3 Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
- 4 Vancouver and other places in August
- 5 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 6 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 7 North Vancouver Island
- 8 Rockies trip in June.
- 9 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 10 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 11 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 12 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 13 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 14 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 15 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 16 Need tips for this trip
- 17 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 18 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 19 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 22 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 23 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 24 Newfoundland questions
- 25 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.