My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Newfoundland with Young Children
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 2 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 3 Montreal Questions
- 4 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 5 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 6 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 7 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 8 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 9 Nova Scotia
- 10 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 11 Vancouver
- 12 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 13 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 14 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 15 Great Lakes Car Ferries
- 16 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 17 7 day family itinerary to Nova Scotia needed
- 18 Bay of Fundy/Moncton/St. John, NB Itinerary Advice
- 19 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 20 FALL COLORS IN FUNDY AREA - ACCOMMODATION
- 21 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 22 Hotels in Toronto
- 23 Road trip iterneary from Quebec city to Toronto via Montreal , Ottawa ...
- 24 Canmore or Banff for lodging?
- 25 Best hikes in Banff