My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper
- 2 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/bio-x4/
- 3 RV trip to Alberta to see Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper,etc.
- 4 day trip to Victoria
- 5 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 6 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 7 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 9 Newfoundland in July
- 10 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 11 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 12 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 13 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 14 Family vacation
- 15 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 16 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 17 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 18 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 19 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 20 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 23 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 24 11 Day Road trip
- 25 Canada - 1st time