My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Newfoundland with Young Children
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Car travel from jasper to vancouver via whistler
- 2 Buying a wheelchair in Toronto
- 3 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 4 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 5 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 7 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 8 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 9 Victoria
- 10 Help us see Vancouver island
- 11 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 12 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 13 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 14 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 15 NOTL weather in Sept
- 16 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 17 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 18 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 19 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 20 birthday trip
- 21 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 22 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 23 Best hikes in Banff
- 24 Hotels in Toronto
- 25 Advice trip to Canada