My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 2 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 3 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 4 Toronto to Gros Morne National Park
- 5 BC road trip advice
- 6 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Ottawa transportation question
- 9 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 10 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 11 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 12 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 13 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 14 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 15 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 16 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 17 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 18 Traveling with your bike
- 19 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 20 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 21 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 22 Alberta Trip_2017
- 23 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 24 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 25 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first