My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 2 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 3 Vancouver in June
- 4 Halifax to Moncton
- 5 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 6 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 7 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 10 3 days in europe
- 11 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 12 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 13 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 14 Quebec province GTG?
- 15 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 16 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 17 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 18 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 19 Best hikes in Banff
- 20 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 21 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 22 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 23 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 24 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 25 Nova Scotia hotels