My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Newfoundland with Young Children
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Rockies to Vancouver
- 3 season greetings
- 4 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 5 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Alberta????
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 10 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 11 Wifi rental
- 12 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 13 Short term lodging
- 14 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 15 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 16 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 17 Vancouver top restaurant
- 18 Montreal Entertainment
- 19 Heli skiing in March
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 22 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 23 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 24 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 25 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies