My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 UFC 206 Preview
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Vancouver for Christmas
- 4 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 5 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 6 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 7 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 8 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 9 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 10 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 11 March in Montreal?
- 12 Eastern Canada in December
- 13 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 14 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 15 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 16 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 17 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 18 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 19 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 20 Tofino
- 21 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 22 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 23 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 24 11th and 12th grade
- 25 Vancouver trip report!