My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 10-day round trip NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI starting and ending in Halifax
- 2 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 3 12 day trip thru New Brunswick
- 4 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 5 Anyone flying from Quebec City to the States in August?
- 6 NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI
- 7 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 8 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 9 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 10 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 11 Driving to Vancouver from Calgary
- 12 Ottawa recs?
- 13 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 14 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 15 car needed in Vancouver?
- 16 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 17 Flying into Calgary for 3 days
- 18 Anyone flying to the States from Quebec City in August?
- 19 Suggestions for 8 day itinerary to Nova Scotia
- 20 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 21 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 22 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 23 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 24 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 25 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss