My husband and I will be travelling to St. John's Newfoundland for the first 2 weeks of July 2012. My children will be 2 and 4 at the time, and I will be 7 months pregnant. We have never been to Newfoundland before. I have also never used this site before!
We don't want to do an excessive amount of driving as the kids will be miserable but want to see as much as possible! I know that I would like to go to Avalon (as its my daughter's name) and I have heard Trinity is beautiful. I would love to go to Gros Morne but think that might be too ambitious with the children???? I have also heard beautiful things about Twillingate Isle.
Something we absolutely want to try to do it whale watching and see ice burgs. Best place to do so?
We will rent a car and figured that we would try to rent a cottage or stay at B&B
Any fun activities you would recommend for children?
Any other tips you can provide would be great!!!!! Thx!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 how to buy prescription meds without scripts
- 2 Victoria?
- 3 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 4 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 5 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 6 Marvellous Montreal
- 7 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 8 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 9 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 10 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 11 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 14 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 15 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 16 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 17 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 18 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 19 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 20 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 21 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 22 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 23 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 24 PEI or Cape Breton?
- 25 Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise 10 day trip help