My husband and I are planning a trip to NL&L this summer and I have a dilemma I was hoping you can help me with.
We normally like being active and seeing lots of nature on trips so when planning this trip, we were thinking of going to St. John's for a bit of culture and nature on the Avalon peninsula and then Gros Morne for hiking. Normally we would go whale watching, bird watching, hiking. However, we recently had a baby (well, not that recently - she will be 20 months in July) and I think we need to adjust our travelling ways and expectations
I still think St. John's would be a great place to visit, but I am less sure of Gros Morne. I would LOVE to see Tablelands and hike the Gros Morne trails, but I'm just not sure this will be doable or enjoyable with a toddler. My other concern is, seeing how late we are planning this, that we won't be able to find suitable accommodations. Normally we would stay at a B&B or even a cabin, but with the baby I worry about disturbing other guests in a B&B and the lack of everyday comforts in a cabin. So, another option is to go somewhere else - Placentia Bay, Twillingate, Bonavista, but I worry that there won't be enough to do there.
Anyone been to any of these places with a small child? Any advice on what would work best? I'm such a worrier, and this trip has got me all stressed out so that I'm more dreading it than looking forward to it Please help ease my worries with some sound advice )))
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Get glowing skin with nouvelle-beaute-serum
- 2 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 3 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 4 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 5 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 6 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 7 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 8 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 9 Skiing in Whistler
- 10 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 11 lodging in whistler
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 15 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 16 My Family Travle Vlog
- 17 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 18 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 19 What is famous in canada?
- 20 Looking for fellow travellers
- 21 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 22 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 23 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 24 Happy Canada Day
- 25 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice