My husband and I are planning a trip to NL&L this summer and I have a dilemma I was hoping you can help me with.
We normally like being active and seeing lots of nature on trips so when planning this trip, we were thinking of going to St. John's for a bit of culture and nature on the Avalon peninsula and then Gros Morne for hiking. Normally we would go whale watching, bird watching, hiking. However, we recently had a baby (well, not that recently - she will be 20 months in July) and I think we need to adjust our travelling ways and expectations
I still think St. John's would be a great place to visit, but I am less sure of Gros Morne. I would LOVE to see Tablelands and hike the Gros Morne trails, but I'm just not sure this will be doable or enjoyable with a toddler. My other concern is, seeing how late we are planning this, that we won't be able to find suitable accommodations. Normally we would stay at a B&B or even a cabin, but with the baby I worry about disturbing other guests in a B&B and the lack of everyday comforts in a cabin. So, another option is to go somewhere else - Placentia Bay, Twillingate, Bonavista, but I worry that there won't be enough to do there.
Anyone been to any of these places with a small child? Any advice on what would work best? I'm such a worrier, and this trip has got me all stressed out so that I'm more dreading it than looking forward to it Please help ease my worries with some sound advice )))
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 2 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 3 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 6 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 7 Small group tour for my parents
- 8 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 9 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 10 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 11 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 12 Itinerary feedback, please
- 13 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 14 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 15 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 16 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 17 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 18 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 19 Best Way
- 20 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 21 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 22 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 25 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group