My husband and I are planning a trip to NL&L this summer and I have a dilemma I was hoping you can help me with.
We normally like being active and seeing lots of nature on trips so when planning this trip, we were thinking of going to St. John's for a bit of culture and nature on the Avalon peninsula and then Gros Morne for hiking. Normally we would go whale watching, bird watching, hiking. However, we recently had a baby (well, not that recently - she will be 20 months in July) and I think we need to adjust our travelling ways and expectations
I still think St. John's would be a great place to visit, but I am less sure of Gros Morne. I would LOVE to see Tablelands and hike the Gros Morne trails, but I'm just not sure this will be doable or enjoyable with a toddler. My other concern is, seeing how late we are planning this, that we won't be able to find suitable accommodations. Normally we would stay at a B&B or even a cabin, but with the baby I worry about disturbing other guests in a B&B and the lack of everyday comforts in a cabin. So, another option is to go somewhere else - Placentia Bay, Twillingate, Bonavista, but I worry that there won't be enough to do there.
Anyone been to any of these places with a small child? Any advice on what would work best? I'm such a worrier, and this trip has got me all stressed out so that I'm more dreading it than looking forward to it Please help ease my worries with some sound advice )))
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 2 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 3 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 4 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 5 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 6 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 7 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 8 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 9 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 10 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 11 Quebec to yarmouth
- 12 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 13 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 14 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 15 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 16 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 17 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 18 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 19 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 20 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 21 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 22 Pearson Airport logistics
- 23 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 24 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 25 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?