My husband and I are planning a trip to NL&L this summer and I have a dilemma I was hoping you can help me with.
We normally like being active and seeing lots of nature on trips so when planning this trip, we were thinking of going to St. John's for a bit of culture and nature on the Avalon peninsula and then Gros Morne for hiking. Normally we would go whale watching, bird watching, hiking. However, we recently had a baby (well, not that recently - she will be 20 months in July) and I think we need to adjust our travelling ways and expectations
I still think St. John's would be a great place to visit, but I am less sure of Gros Morne. I would LOVE to see Tablelands and hike the Gros Morne trails, but I'm just not sure this will be doable or enjoyable with a toddler. My other concern is, seeing how late we are planning this, that we won't be able to find suitable accommodations. Normally we would stay at a B&B or even a cabin, but with the baby I worry about disturbing other guests in a B&B and the lack of everyday comforts in a cabin. So, another option is to go somewhere else - Placentia Bay, Twillingate, Bonavista, but I worry that there won't be enough to do there.
Anyone been to any of these places with a small child? Any advice on what would work best? I'm such a worrier, and this trip has got me all stressed out so that I'm more dreading it than looking forward to it Please help ease my worries with some sound advice )))
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 2 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 3 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 4 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 5 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 6 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 7 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 8 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 9 Temporary residency in Canada
- 10 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 11 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 12 water filtration
- 13 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 14 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 15 Western Canada in August
- 16 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 17 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 18 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 19 Jasper with two elderly
- 20 Dempster highway in early September
- 21 jasper
- 22 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 23 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 24 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 25 Banff, and Glacier National Park