Have started to do some more serious research into touring Newfoundland this August. Thinking of flying into Deer Lake. Staying a few nights at Norris Point. Site seeing the Gros Morne National Park. Going up to the viking trail area and staying one or two nights at L'Anse aux Meadows to see the Viking settlements. Going back to the Deer Lake airport and flying to St.John's. From there, we would do the Irish Loop as well as see Trinity and that area. ( I haven't done too much into looking at where to stay in these areas) Is it probable to tour Trinity from St. John's or is it too far? How long would anyone suggest we stay in one place? I know this is very broad but just trying to get anyone's input and suggestions. We like outdoor stuff but aren't overnight backpackers or anything. We like plays and music. Pubs and such. Like looking at galleries and stuff but aren't real art critics. We like to drive and look. We would probably stay about 2 weeks. Should we split up one week in the west part and the other in the south, or does one area warrant more time? We would fly home from St. Johns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 4 lodging in whistler
- 5 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 6 BC or Alberta drives
- 7 Torino in february
- 8 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 9 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 10 My Family Travle Vlog
- 11 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 12 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec