Have started to do some more serious research into touring Newfoundland this August. Thinking of flying into Deer Lake. Staying a few nights at Norris Point. Site seeing the Gros Morne National Park. Going up to the viking trail area and staying one or two nights at L'Anse aux Meadows to see the Viking settlements. Going back to the Deer Lake airport and flying to St.John's. From there, we would do the Irish Loop as well as see Trinity and that area. ( I haven't done too much into looking at where to stay in these areas) Is it probable to tour Trinity from St. John's or is it too far? How long would anyone suggest we stay in one place? I know this is very broad but just trying to get anyone's input and suggestions. We like outdoor stuff but aren't overnight backpackers or anything. We like plays and music. Pubs and such. Like looking at galleries and stuff but aren't real art critics. We like to drive and look. We would probably stay about 2 weeks. Should we split up one week in the west part and the other in the south, or does one area warrant more time? We would fly home from St. Johns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 2 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 5 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 6 Victoria Island
- 7 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 8 Accommodation in halifax
- 9 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 10 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 11 Two week taster
- 12 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 13 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 14 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 15 Translink and itinerary questions
- 16 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 17 Montreal Restaurants
- 18 Traveling with your bike
- 19 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 20 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 21 Bay of Fundy
- 22 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 23 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 24 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 25 First Hikes - Flatlanders