Have started to do some more serious research into touring Newfoundland this August. Thinking of flying into Deer Lake. Staying a few nights at Norris Point. Site seeing the Gros Morne National Park. Going up to the viking trail area and staying one or two nights at L'Anse aux Meadows to see the Viking settlements. Going back to the Deer Lake airport and flying to St.John's. From there, we would do the Irish Loop as well as see Trinity and that area. ( I haven't done too much into looking at where to stay in these areas) Is it probable to tour Trinity from St. John's or is it too far? How long would anyone suggest we stay in one place? I know this is very broad but just trying to get anyone's input and suggestions. We like outdoor stuff but aren't overnight backpackers or anything. We like plays and music. Pubs and such. Like looking at galleries and stuff but aren't real art critics. We like to drive and look. We would probably stay about 2 weeks. Should we split up one week in the west part and the other in the south, or does one area warrant more time? We would fly home from St. Johns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Alberta????
- 6 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 7 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 8 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 9 Wifi rental
- 10 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 11 Short term lodging
- 12 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 15 Vancouver top restaurant
- 16 Montreal Entertainment
- 17 Heli skiing in March
- 18 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 19 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 22 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 23 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 24 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 25 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.