Have started to do some more serious research into touring Newfoundland this August. Thinking of flying into Deer Lake. Staying a few nights at Norris Point. Site seeing the Gros Morne National Park. Going up to the viking trail area and staying one or two nights at L'Anse aux Meadows to see the Viking settlements. Going back to the Deer Lake airport and flying to St.John's. From there, we would do the Irish Loop as well as see Trinity and that area. ( I haven't done too much into looking at where to stay in these areas) Is it probable to tour Trinity from St. John's or is it too far? How long would anyone suggest we stay in one place? I know this is very broad but just trying to get anyone's input and suggestions. We like outdoor stuff but aren't overnight backpackers or anything. We like plays and music. Pubs and such. Like looking at galleries and stuff but aren't real art critics. We like to drive and look. We would probably stay about 2 weeks. Should we split up one week in the west part and the other in the south, or does one area warrant more time? We would fly home from St. Johns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 2 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 3 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 4 Canadian Rockies - Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 9 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 10 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 11 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 12 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 13 Temporary residency in Canada
- 14 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 15 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 16 water filtration
- 17 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 18 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 19 Western Canada in August
- 20 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 21 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 22 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 23 Jasper with two elderly
- 24 Dempster highway in early September
- 25 jasper