Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff in October
- 2 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 3 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 4 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 5 quebec city and wine route
- 6 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 7 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 8 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 9 Vancouver hotel question
- 10 Please help with BC itinerary
- 11 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 12 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 13 Victoria?
- 14 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 15 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 16 Calgary
- 17 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 18 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 19 Cape Breton Trip
- 20 Fall foliage trip -Quebec vs New England
- 21 Toronto - Niagara transportation
- 22 how long will it take to clear customs in FCO airport italy
- 23 Marvellous Montreal
- 24 Propane coolers
- 25 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?