Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 2 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 3 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 4 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 5 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 6 hotel in vancouver
- 7 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 8 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 9 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 10 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 11 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 12 NH to Nova Scotia
- 13 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 14 Banff Area In October
- 15 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 16 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 17 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 18 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 19 Niagara Falls Advise
- 20 Ottawa recs?
- 21 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals
- 22 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 23 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 24 Random Camping in Banff National Park?
- 25 identifying a statue near pier in halifax