Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 24 hours in Toronto
- 2 Ontario to PEI Roadtrip!
- 3 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 4 Vancouver 4 days
- 5 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 6 Do I need a rental car for travel to Seattle and Vancouver (Sept 2016)?
- 7 Trip to Tornoto
- 8 Marvellous Montreal
- 9 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 10 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 11 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 12 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 13 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 14 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 15 Gettinng around Jasper
- 16 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 17 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 18 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 19 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 22 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 23 Vancouver customs time??
- 24 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 25 Cell Phones in Canada