Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Hunttant
- 2 Marvellous Montreal
- 3 Restaurant suggestions for Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 5 loving OTTAWA
- 6 Mont Tremblant B & B
- 7 Cape Breton Trip
- 8 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 9 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 10 Vancouver for Christmas
- 11 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 12 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 13 Victoria?
- 14 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 15 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 16 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 17 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 18 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 19 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 20 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 21 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 22 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 23 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 24 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 25 Running in Jasper in late summer