Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Newfoundland November & December
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 3 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise