Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Newfoundland November & December
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 2 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 3 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 5 Victoria
- 6 Help us see Vancouver island
- 7 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 8 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 9 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 10 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 11 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 12 NOTL weather in Sept
- 13 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 14 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 15 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 16 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 17 birthday trip
- 18 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 20 Best hikes in Banff
- 21 Hotels in Toronto
- 22 Advice trip to Canada
- 23 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 24 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 25 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?