Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Newfoundland November & December
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Banf
- 3 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 4 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 5 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 6 Gaspe
- 7 Tours
- 8 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 9 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 10 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 11 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 12 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 13 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 14 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 15 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 16 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 17 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 18 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 19 Alberta Wildfires
- 20 Niagara Falls Canada
- 21 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 22 Fresh Fruit from US
- 23 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 24 quebec
- 25 Jet to Victoria