Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 2 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 3 Paragliding in the Whistler BC area
- 4 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 5 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 6 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 7 3 days in europe
- 8 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 9 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 10 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 11 Quebec province GTG?
- 12 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 13 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 14 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 15 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 16 Best hikes in Banff
- 17 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 18 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 19 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 20 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 21 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 22 Nova Scotia hotels
- 23 3 full days in and round Banff
- 24 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 25 Montreal / Quebec City trip