Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 weight loss plan, the master
- 2 emonade weight loss plan, the master
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 5 Hotels in Quebec City
- 6 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 7 Northern Lights
- 8 Flying from Toronto to London
- 9 Rental car
- 10 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 11 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 12 Montreal in April
- 13 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 14 Cross country drive
- 15 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 16 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 17 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 18 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 19 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 20 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 21 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 22 First family trip to Toronto.
- 23 Calgary Stampede
- 24 2 days in Vancouver
- 25 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old