Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Newfoundland November & December
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City trip.report
- 2 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 3 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 4 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 5 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 iPhone in Canada
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 10 Victoria Dining
- 11 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 12 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 13 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 14 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 15 Quebic City or Montreal
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 ft nelson bc
- 18 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 19 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 20 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 21 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 22 canada in the winter?
- 23 Canada in winter
- 24 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 25 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October