Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 2 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 3 Two week taster
- 4 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 5 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 6 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 7 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 8 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 9 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 10 Victoria Island
- 11 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 12 Accommodation in halifax
- 13 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 14 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 15 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 16 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 17 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 18 Translink and itinerary questions
- 19 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 20 Montreal Restaurants
- 21 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 22 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 25 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please