Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 2 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 3 Skiing in Whistler
- 4 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 5 lodging in whistler
- 6 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 7 BC or Alberta drives
- 8 Torino in february
- 9 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 10 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 13 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 14 What is famous in canada?
- 15 Looking for fellow travellers
- 16 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 17 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 18 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 19 Happy Canada Day
- 20 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Recommended car hire
- 25 Nova Scotia and Quebec