Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 RV trip to Alberta to see Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper,etc.
- 2 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 3 Romantic Dine and Dance Vancouver
- 4 Jasper
- 5 day trip to Victoria
- 6 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 7 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 9 Newfoundland in July
- 10 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 11 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 12 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 13 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 14 Family vacation
- 15 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 16 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 17 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 18 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 19 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 20 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 23 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 24 11 Day Road trip
- 25 Canada - 1st time