Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 2 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 3 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 4 Driving to Vancouver from Calgary
- 5 Ottawa recs?
- 6 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 7 Anyone flying from Quebec City to the States in August?
- 8 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 9 car needed in Vancouver?
- 10 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 11 Flying into Calgary for 3 days
- 12 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 13 Anyone flying to the States from Quebec City in August?
- 14 Suggestions for 8 day itinerary to Nova Scotia
- 15 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 16 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 17 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 18 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 19 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 20 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 21 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 22 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 23 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 24 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 25 Granville Island