Planning a trip to Newfoundland to visit family from November 15th to December 15th. I'll be staying in the Burin peninsula but want to take a trip up to St. John's and hopefully make the drive up to Gros Morn for 4 days or so. My questions are - what is there to do in Gros Morn at this time of year? We're avid hikers and skiirs but I can't seem to find any information on this in-between season so I'm not sure if the trails are snow covered yet or if the weather is too rainy to do much (I'm assuming camping is out of the question too?). Also, are the road conditions ok to be driving the 6 hours or so from St. John's to Gros Morn? I've never been to Newfoundland so I'm just not sure what to expect. Any other activity suggestions are appreciated! We're very active and adventurous (but not necessarily into wild nights out in St. John's).
Newfoundland November & December
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Maritime Itinerary - 10 days
- 2 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 3 Alberta - Vancouver
- 4 Family accommodation Banff January
- 5 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 6 9 days newfoundland
- 7 What documents and transportation I need to cross to Canada by Taxi or Car?
- 8 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 9 Eastern Canada
- 10 Advice trip to Canada
- 11 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 12 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 13 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 14 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 15 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 16 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 17 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 18 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 19 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 20 Help us see Vancouver island
- 21 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 22 Journey series CAD
- 23 Madrid or Montreal
- 24 Help with Kelowna
- 25 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??