We are planning a 10-11 day trip to Newfoundland in August. We have most of our itinerary mapped out (it basically follows the following path: fly to St. John's ---- Trinity ---- Gros Morne -- fly out of Deer Lake). We'll be in the St. John's area for 4 nights (the first night we get in at 11 p.m. so doesn't really count) before driving up to Trinity, and are trying to decide whether to stay in St. John's for the 4 nights and do day trips down to Avalon, or to stay in St. John's for 2 nights and then stay on the Avalon penninsula for the next 2 nights. The hikes on the East Coast trail look beautiful and we wonder if it would be nice to be closer to them rather than having to drive down from St. John's each day. We would not be doing strenuous hikes as we are not in shape for them, but would be doing easy/moderate hikes. We are considering staying at the Bread & Cheese Inn in the Witless Bay/Bay Bulls area. It looks lovely on the website but is not listed in any guidebook and we cannot find any reviews of it anywhere, good or bad, which makes me nervous! Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this place to stay or others in the area (Bear Cove Inn? others?) and any other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 2 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 3 Temporary residency in Canada
- 4 water filtration
- 5 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 6 Western Canada in August
- 7 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 8 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 9 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 10 Jasper with two elderly
- 11 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 12 Dempster highway in early September
- 13 jasper
- 14 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 15 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 16 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 17 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 18 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 19 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 20 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 21 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 22 Banff
- 23 St John's, NL Camping?
- 24 Christmas in Quebec City
- 25 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
Newfoundland - Bread & Cheese Inn or other lodging on Avalon Penninsula