We are planning a 10-11 day trip to Newfoundland in August. We have most of our itinerary mapped out (it basically follows the following path: fly to St. John's ---- Trinity ---- Gros Morne -- fly out of Deer Lake). We'll be in the St. John's area for 4 nights (the first night we get in at 11 p.m. so doesn't really count) before driving up to Trinity, and are trying to decide whether to stay in St. John's for the 4 nights and do day trips down to Avalon, or to stay in St. John's for 2 nights and then stay on the Avalon penninsula for the next 2 nights. The hikes on the East Coast trail look beautiful and we wonder if it would be nice to be closer to them rather than having to drive down from St. John's each day. We would not be doing strenuous hikes as we are not in shape for them, but would be doing easy/moderate hikes. We are considering staying at the Bread & Cheese Inn in the Witless Bay/Bay Bulls area. It looks lovely on the website but is not listed in any guidebook and we cannot find any reviews of it anywhere, good or bad, which makes me nervous! Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this place to stay or others in the area (Bear Cove Inn? others?) and any other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsuppdiet.com/image-revive-reviews/
- 2 http://health-wellnessworld.com/fierce-male-enhancement/
- 3 Quebec City in mid-November
- 4 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 5 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 6 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 7 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 10 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 11 Calgary
- 12 Tofino
- 13 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 14 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 15 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 16 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 17 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 18 Banff in October
- 19 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 20 Quebec City in autumn
- 21 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 22 Quebec City
- 23 Family ski holiday
- 24 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 25 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
Newfoundland - Bread & Cheese Inn or other lodging on Avalon Penninsula