We are planning a 10-11 day trip to Newfoundland in August. We have most of our itinerary mapped out (it basically follows the following path: fly to St. John's ---- Trinity ---- Gros Morne -- fly out of Deer Lake). We'll be in the St. John's area for 4 nights (the first night we get in at 11 p.m. so doesn't really count) before driving up to Trinity, and are trying to decide whether to stay in St. John's for the 4 nights and do day trips down to Avalon, or to stay in St. John's for 2 nights and then stay on the Avalon penninsula for the next 2 nights. The hikes on the East Coast trail look beautiful and we wonder if it would be nice to be closer to them rather than having to drive down from St. John's each day. We would not be doing strenuous hikes as we are not in shape for them, but would be doing easy/moderate hikes. We are considering staying at the Bread & Cheese Inn in the Witless Bay/Bay Bulls area. It looks lovely on the website but is not listed in any guidebook and we cannot find any reviews of it anywhere, good or bad, which makes me nervous! Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this place to stay or others in the area (Bear Cove Inn? others?) and any other suggestions.
Newfoundland - Bread & Cheese Inn or other lodging on Avalon Penninsula
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver top restaurant
- 2 Montreal Entertainment
- 3 Heli skiing in March
- 4 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 5 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 8 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 9 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 10 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 11 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 12 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 13 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 14 Toronto lodgings
- 15 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 16 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 17 rockies in september
- 18 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 19 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 20 Viking Trail
- 21 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 22 Quebec City trip.report
- 23 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 24 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 25 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario