We are planning a 10-11 day trip to Newfoundland in August. We have most of our itinerary mapped out (it basically follows the following path: fly to St. John's ---- Trinity ---- Gros Morne -- fly out of Deer Lake). We'll be in the St. John's area for 4 nights (the first night we get in at 11 p.m. so doesn't really count) before driving up to Trinity, and are trying to decide whether to stay in St. John's for the 4 nights and do day trips down to Avalon, or to stay in St. John's for 2 nights and then stay on the Avalon penninsula for the next 2 nights. The hikes on the East Coast trail look beautiful and we wonder if it would be nice to be closer to them rather than having to drive down from St. John's each day. We would not be doing strenuous hikes as we are not in shape for them, but would be doing easy/moderate hikes. We are considering staying at the Bread & Cheese Inn in the Witless Bay/Bay Bulls area. It looks lovely on the website but is not listed in any guidebook and we cannot find any reviews of it anywhere, good or bad, which makes me nervous! Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this place to stay or others in the area (Bear Cove Inn? others?) and any other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://maxhealthtips.com/proshred-elite/
- 2 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 3 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 4 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 9 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 12 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 13 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 14 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 15 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 16 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 17 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 18 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 19 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 20 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 21 Pearson Airport logistics
- 22 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 23 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
Newfoundland - Bread & Cheese Inn or other lodging on Avalon Penninsula