We are planning a 10-11 day trip to Newfoundland in August. We have most of our itinerary mapped out (it basically follows the following path: fly to St. John's ---- Trinity ---- Gros Morne -- fly out of Deer Lake). We'll be in the St. John's area for 4 nights (the first night we get in at 11 p.m. so doesn't really count) before driving up to Trinity, and are trying to decide whether to stay in St. John's for the 4 nights and do day trips down to Avalon, or to stay in St. John's for 2 nights and then stay on the Avalon penninsula for the next 2 nights. The hikes on the East Coast trail look beautiful and we wonder if it would be nice to be closer to them rather than having to drive down from St. John's each day. We would not be doing strenuous hikes as we are not in shape for them, but would be doing easy/moderate hikes. We are considering staying at the Bread & Cheese Inn in the Witless Bay/Bay Bulls area. It looks lovely on the website but is not listed in any guidebook and we cannot find any reviews of it anywhere, good or bad, which makes me nervous! Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this place to stay or others in the area (Bear Cove Inn? others?) and any other suggestions.
Newfoundland - Bread & Cheese Inn or other lodging on Avalon Penninsula
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 2 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 3 Car Service in Toronto
- 4 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 5 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 6 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 9 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 12 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 13 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 14 Alberta Wildfires
- 15 Niagara Falls Canada
- 16 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 17 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 18 Fresh Fruit from US
- 19 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 20 quebec
- 21 Jet to Victoria
- 22 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 23 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 24 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 25 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey