We are planning a 10-11 day trip to Newfoundland in August. We have most of our itinerary mapped out (it basically follows the following path: fly to St. John's ---- Trinity ---- Gros Morne -- fly out of Deer Lake). We'll be in the St. John's area for 4 nights (the first night we get in at 11 p.m. so doesn't really count) before driving up to Trinity, and are trying to decide whether to stay in St. John's for the 4 nights and do day trips down to Avalon, or to stay in St. John's for 2 nights and then stay on the Avalon penninsula for the next 2 nights. The hikes on the East Coast trail look beautiful and we wonder if it would be nice to be closer to them rather than having to drive down from St. John's each day. We would not be doing strenuous hikes as we are not in shape for them, but would be doing easy/moderate hikes. We are considering staying at the Bread & Cheese Inn in the Witless Bay/Bay Bulls area. It looks lovely on the website but is not listed in any guidebook and we cannot find any reviews of it anywhere, good or bad, which makes me nervous! Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on this place to stay or others in the area (Bear Cove Inn? others?) and any other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 2 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 3 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 4 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 5 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 6 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 7 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 8 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 9 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 10 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 11 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 12 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 13 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 14 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 15 Road Trip to Calgary
- 16 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 17 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 18 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 19 Thousand Islands - Hiking
- 20 Seattle/ONP/Vancouver/Whistler
- 21 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 22 Eating lobster
- 23 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 24 PEI Beach rentals and local eateries
- 25 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
Newfoundland - Bread & Cheese Inn or other lodging on Avalon Penninsula