I was planning a backpacking trip to Newfoundland in August, I have about 2 to 3 weeks to spare and I wanted to get advice and/or suggestions.
Basically, I will be going all alone on a backpacking trip to Newfoundland. The first day I will fly from Montreal to St-John's, and a friend highly suggested to stay in St-john's for a few days. Afterwards, I planned to complete the East Coast Trail (link: http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7858748) (it will take about a week). From this point I'm quite indecisive what to do next. I'd love to go visit Gros Morne National Park (maybe attempt the Long Range Traverse). I love nature, history, food and I`m not very picky as long as there is a beautiful scenery. However, I`m limited to public transport(bus, taxi,etc). I still din't reserve any spots at hostels or hotel for the first few days in St-john's. Also, I have backpacking experience and I already have my camping/survival equipment.
Finally, any advice is highly appreciated, hopefully my plan isn`t ludicrous.
Thank you for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://getmysupplement.com/zamour-matrix-skin/
- 2 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 3 car seat requirements in Canada for kids
- 4 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Maritime provinces
- 7 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 8 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 9 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 10 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 11 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 12 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 13 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 14 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 15 Quebec to yarmouth
- 16 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 17 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 18 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 19 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 20 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 21 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 22 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 23 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 24 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 25 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland