I was planning a backpacking trip to Newfoundland in August, I have about 2 to 3 weeks to spare and I wanted to get advice and/or suggestions.
Basically, I will be going all alone on a backpacking trip to Newfoundland. The first day I will fly from Montreal to St-John's, and a friend highly suggested to stay in St-john's for a few days. Afterwards, I planned to complete the East Coast Trail (link: http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7858748) (it will take about a week). From this point I'm quite indecisive what to do next. I'd love to go visit Gros Morne National Park (maybe attempt the Long Range Traverse). I love nature, history, food and I`m not very picky as long as there is a beautiful scenery. However, I`m limited to public transport(bus, taxi,etc). I still din't reserve any spots at hostels or hotel for the first few days in St-john's. Also, I have backpacking experience and I already have my camping/survival equipment.
Finally, any advice is highly appreciated, hopefully my plan isn`t ludicrous.
Thank you for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper and Banff with 9 year old and Husband who hates crowds!
- 2 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 3 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 4 East Coast Family Road Trip
- 5 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 6 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 7 Easy way to get from Quebec City down to Burlington?
- 8 Victoria Island
- 9 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 10 Accommodation in halifax
- 11 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 12 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 13 Two week taster
- 14 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 15 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 16 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 17 Translink and itinerary questions
- 18 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 19 Montreal Restaurants
- 20 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 21 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 22 Bay of Fundy
- 23 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 24 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 25 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure