I was planning a backpacking trip to Newfoundland in August, I have about 2 to 3 weeks to spare and I wanted to get advice and/or suggestions.
Basically, I will be going all alone on a backpacking trip to Newfoundland. The first day I will fly from Montreal to St-John's, and a friend highly suggested to stay in St-john's for a few days. Afterwards, I planned to complete the East Coast Trail (link: http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7858748) (it will take about a week). From this point I'm quite indecisive what to do next. I'd love to go visit Gros Morne National Park (maybe attempt the Long Range Traverse). I love nature, history, food and I`m not very picky as long as there is a beautiful scenery. However, I`m limited to public transport(bus, taxi,etc). I still din't reserve any spots at hostels or hotel for the first few days in St-john's. Also, I have backpacking experience and I already have my camping/survival equipment.
Finally, any advice is highly appreciated, hopefully my plan isn`t ludicrous.
Thank you for your time,
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 3 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 4 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 5 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 6 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 7 Temporary residency in Canada
- 8 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 9 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 10 water filtration
- 11 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 12 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 13 Western Canada in August
- 14 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 15 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 16 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 17 Jasper with two elderly
- 18 Dempster highway in early September
- 19 jasper
- 20 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 21 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 22 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 23 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 24 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 25 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston