My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 3 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 4 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 5 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 6 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 7 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 8 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 9 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 11 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 12 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 13 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 14 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 15 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 16 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 17 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 18 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 19 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 20 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 21 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 22 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 23 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?