My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banf
- 2 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 3 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 4 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 5 Gaspe
- 6 Tours
- 7 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 9 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 10 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 11 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 12 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 13 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 14 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 15 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 16 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 17 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 18 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 19 Alberta Wildfires
- 20 Niagara Falls Canada
- 21 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 22 Fresh Fruit from US
- 23 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 24 quebec
- 25 Jet to Victoria