My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 2 Help w/ quick Lake Louise itinerary
- 3 Mosquitoes in July?
- 4 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 5 Canada transportation
- 6 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 7 Alberta Warning
- 8 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 9 national parks of Newfoundland
- 10 Shopping favorites in Montreal?
- 11 Oceanfront accomodation?
- 12 Jasper and Banff and Glacier
- 13 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 14 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 15 Been to Stratford (ON) Recently?
- 16 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 17 Where to stay to break up long drive between Yoho National Park & Whistler?
- 18 Niagara/ toronto/wine tastings in 2.5 days?
- 19 Camping in Newfoundland and Labrador
- 20 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 21 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 22 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 23 Long Weekend Toronto
- 24 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 25 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport