My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 3 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 Need tips for this trip
- 5 Rockies trip in June.
- 6 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 7 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 North Vancouver Island
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 12 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver