My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 2 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 3 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 4 Quebec to yarmouth
- 5 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 6 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 7 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 8 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 9 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 10 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 11 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 12 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 13 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 14 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 15 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 16 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 17 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 18 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 19 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 20 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 21 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 22 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway