My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Interactive Documentary about Toronto Night Life
- 2 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 3 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 4 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 5 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 6 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 7 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 8 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 9 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 10 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 11 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 12 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 13 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 14 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 15 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 16 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 17 2 days in Vancouver
- 18 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 19 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 20 8 days in NL
- 21 Montreal transportation pass
- 22 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 23 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 24 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 25 Newfoundland tent camping