My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 2 NYC to Montreal by train
- 3 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 4 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 5 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 6 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 7 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 8 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 9 Where to stay in Banff?
- 10 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 11 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 12 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 13 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 14 Transport of cremated remains
- 15 Rockies trip in June.
- 16 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 17 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 18 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 19 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 20 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 21 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 22 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 23 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 24 boarder crossing question
- 25 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal