My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 hotel in vancouver
- 2 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 3 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 4 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 5 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 6 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 7 Best place for wedding flowers
- 8 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 9 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 10 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 11 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 12 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 13 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 14 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals