My partner and I are considering driving and ferrying from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and on to Cartwright Labrador and driving back inland to Quebec. We are looking for any useful tips and info on this journey as it is still in the conception stage. We are worried that the benefits of travelling to Labrador and being able to explore a relitively untouched country will not outweigh the possible problems this journey might pose. For example the research we have done so far shows there to be few amenities along to route. Is filling up with gas difficult? Are the roads in bad condition? Is the journey across labrador tedious or is the beauty of the country enough to make it worthwhile? Any info and experience comments 100% welcome. Thanks so much to all that takes time to help us plan our summer road trip.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buying a wheelchair in Toronto
- 2 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 3 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 4 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 5 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 7 Victoria
- 8 Help us see Vancouver island
- 9 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 10 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 11 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 12 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 13 NOTL weather in Sept
- 14 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 15 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 16 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 17 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 18 birthday trip
- 19 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 20 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 21 Best hikes in Banff
- 22 Hotels in Toronto
- 23 Advice trip to Canada
- 24 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 25 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices