Planning a trip to Newfoundland in July. Looking for thoughts on good place to stay in St. John's. Am I wrong to think that we could easily just stay there for a week and stay plenty busy with day trips? We are 2 families of 4 with kids ages 8, 10, 14 and 16 and a pair of grandparents. We are interested in history/culture, but want to enjoy fishing, light hikes, whale watching, sea kayaking....I think that we will find plenty to do with day trips in and around the area and not trying to drive everywhere for a quick peak in a week. For a rock, it certainly looks like lots of driving to me! Should we plan to stay somewhere else for a few days? Any help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 moving service
- 2 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 3 Where to stay in Banff?
- 4 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 5 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 6 NYC to Montreal by train
- 7 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL