Planning a trip to Newfoundland in July. Looking for thoughts on good place to stay in St. John's. Am I wrong to think that we could easily just stay there for a week and stay plenty busy with day trips? We are 2 families of 4 with kids ages 8, 10, 14 and 16 and a pair of grandparents. We are interested in history/culture, but want to enjoy fishing, light hikes, whale watching, sea kayaking....I think that we will find plenty to do with day trips in and around the area and not trying to drive everywhere for a quick peak in a week. For a rock, it certainly looks like lots of driving to me! Should we plan to stay somewhere else for a few days? Any help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Executive Home Available For Lease In The Sought-After Toronto Beaches!
- 2 North Vancouver Island
- 3 Rockies trip in June.
- 4 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 5 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 6 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 7 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 8 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 9 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 10 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 11 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 12 Need tips for this trip
- 13 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 14 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 17 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 18 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 19 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 20 Newfoundland questions
- 21 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 22 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 23 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!