New traveler here. Soon to be empty nester's hitting the road for our first trip without the kids.
We're traveling from suburban Boston to Cape Breton at the end of June and want to know if there is a list of rest area's available. We're looking for facilities with bathrooms and / or picnic area's so we can stretch and eat. I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything.
We're crossing the border at McAdam and will be traveling on Routes 4, 3 and 2.
What kind of law enforcement presence can we expect along those route. Its going to be a long ride and I'd prefer to avoid getting a speeding ticket while making the best time possible.
Lastly, I read that radar detectors are illegal in New Brunswick. Is this true? Is it rigorously enforced?
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 2 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Newfoundland in July
- 5 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 6 Jasper
- 7 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 8 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 9 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 10 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 11 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 12 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 13 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 14 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 15 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 16 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 17 Calgary Stampede
- 18 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 19 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 20 11 Day Road trip
- 21 Canada - 1st time
- 22 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 23 Halifax port restaurants
- 24 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 25 Road Trip Help