New traveler here. Soon to be empty nester's hitting the road for our first trip without the kids.
We're traveling from suburban Boston to Cape Breton at the end of June and want to know if there is a list of rest area's available. We're looking for facilities with bathrooms and / or picnic area's so we can stretch and eat. I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything.
We're crossing the border at McAdam and will be traveling on Routes 4, 3 and 2.
What kind of law enforcement presence can we expect along those route. Its going to be a long ride and I'd prefer to avoid getting a speeding ticket while making the best time possible.
Lastly, I read that radar detectors are illegal in New Brunswick. Is this true? Is it rigorously enforced?
Thank you in advance
New Brunswick Rest Area's
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 2 Victoria
- 3 Help us see Vancouver island
- 4 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 5 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 6 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 7 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 8 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 9 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 10 NOTL weather in Sept
- 11 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 12 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 13 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 14 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 15 birthday trip
- 16 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 17 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 18 Best hikes in Banff
- 19 Hotels in Toronto
- 20 Advice trip to Canada
- 21 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 22 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 23 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?
- 24 Maritime Road Trip from Ottawa - HELP !
- 25 Downtown Montreal Restaurants