New traveler here. Soon to be empty nester's hitting the road for our first trip without the kids.
We're traveling from suburban Boston to Cape Breton at the end of June and want to know if there is a list of rest area's available. We're looking for facilities with bathrooms and / or picnic area's so we can stretch and eat. I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything.
We're crossing the border at McAdam and will be traveling on Routes 4, 3 and 2.
What kind of law enforcement presence can we expect along those route. Its going to be a long ride and I'd prefer to avoid getting a speeding ticket while making the best time possible.
Lastly, I read that radar detectors are illegal in New Brunswick. Is this true? Is it rigorously enforced?
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 2 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 3 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 4 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 5 Quebec City in mid-November
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 8 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 9 Calgary
- 10 Tofino
- 11 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 12 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 13 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 16 Banff in October
- 17 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 18 Quebec City in autumn
- 19 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 20 Quebec City
- 21 Family ski holiday
- 22 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 23 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 24 Please help with BC itinerary
- 25 Travel through Chicago