New traveler here. Soon to be empty nester's hitting the road for our first trip without the kids.
We're traveling from suburban Boston to Cape Breton at the end of June and want to know if there is a list of rest area's available. We're looking for facilities with bathrooms and / or picnic area's so we can stretch and eat. I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything.
We're crossing the border at McAdam and will be traveling on Routes 4, 3 and 2.
What kind of law enforcement presence can we expect along those route. Its going to be a long ride and I'd prefer to avoid getting a speeding ticket while making the best time possible.
Lastly, I read that radar detectors are illegal in New Brunswick. Is this true? Is it rigorously enforced?
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City
- 2 Family ski holiday
- 3 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 4 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 5 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 6 Please help with BC itinerary
- 7 Travel through Chicago
- 8 Vancouver hotel question
- 9 Banff in October
- 10 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 11 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 12 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 13 quebec city and wine route
- 14 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 15 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 16 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 17 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 18 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 19 Victoria?
- 20 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 21 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 22 Calgary
- 23 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 24 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 25 Cape Breton Trip