New traveler here. Soon to be empty nester's hitting the road for our first trip without the kids.
We're traveling from suburban Boston to Cape Breton at the end of June and want to know if there is a list of rest area's available. We're looking for facilities with bathrooms and / or picnic area's so we can stretch and eat. I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything.
We're crossing the border at McAdam and will be traveling on Routes 4, 3 and 2.
What kind of law enforcement presence can we expect along those route. Its going to be a long ride and I'd prefer to avoid getting a speeding ticket while making the best time possible.
Lastly, I read that radar detectors are illegal in New Brunswick. Is this true? Is it rigorously enforced?
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy High Quality Real/Fake Passport, Drivers License, ID Cards,
- 2 Marvellous Montreal
- 3 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 4 loving OTTAWA
- 5 Mont Tremblant B & B
- 6 Cape Breton Trip
- 7 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 8 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 9 Vancouver for Christmas
- 10 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 11 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 12 Victoria?
- 13 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 14 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 15 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 16 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 17 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 18 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 19 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 20 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 21 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 22 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 23 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 24 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 25 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.