New traveler here. Soon to be empty nester's hitting the road for our first trip without the kids.
We're traveling from suburban Boston to Cape Breton at the end of June and want to know if there is a list of rest area's available. We're looking for facilities with bathrooms and / or picnic area's so we can stretch and eat. I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything.
We're crossing the border at McAdam and will be traveling on Routes 4, 3 and 2.
What kind of law enforcement presence can we expect along those route. Its going to be a long ride and I'd prefer to avoid getting a speeding ticket while making the best time possible.
Lastly, I read that radar detectors are illegal in New Brunswick. Is this true? Is it rigorously enforced?
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 2 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 3 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 4 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 5 Icefields Parkway
- 6 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 9 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 10 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 11 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 12 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 13 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 14 Banff to Jasper and back
- 15 Canmore for a few days
- 16 Keltic Lodge
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away