My husband and I will be visiting Vancouver Island for the first time this August, and I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the options, particularly for transportation at this early point of our preparations.
From our research, we know we want to stay at/near Tofino for 4-5 days, a few days near Qualicum Bay, maybe 3-4 days on an island like Salt Spring Island, enjoy national parks in between, fit in a few hikes, visit wineries, and generally relax, ending with a few nights in Vancouver.
We are arriving in Vancouver late at night, so we were thinking of staying at an airport hotel for the 1st night, and then off to Vancouver Island where we want to rent a car.
What is our best option?
Should we take the bus that runs from the airport to Victoria via ferry, stay 2 nights in Victoria and then rent a car and explore, perhaps leaving the car in Nanaimo before taking the ferry back? This option is a lot more expensive though because of the different pick-up/return locations.
Or take the ferry to and from Nanaimo, and rent and return the car there?
Or another option I'm not thinking of?
Any tips are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 카지노배팅사이트 ζ ζ ζ ζ BUS97.COM ζ ζ ζ ζ 바카라사이트추천
- 2 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 5 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 6 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 7 Quebec to yarmouth
- 8 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 9 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 10 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 11 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 12 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 13 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 14 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 15 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 16 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 17 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 18 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 19 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 20 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 21 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 22 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 23 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics
Need a bit of help transport-wise: 2-week trip to Vancouver Island