My family and I are planning on taking a trip to NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI this summer. We'll be coming up from Boston, will go to Acadia NP, where we'll spend a day, and then we will have 10 days only to do the above provinces.
My question to anyone who can help is how many days, based on a 10-day itinerary, would you spend in each province, and what would the must-sees be in each province? Or would you cut one of the provinces out? We are from the west and will probably never have the opportunity to come back to this region, which is why we're willing to go at a fast pace and see as much as possible.
We are mostly interested in beautiful scenery (coastal scapes, lighthouses, etc.) with maybe some mild hikes, as one in the party is slightly handicapped.
We are all Anne of Green Gables fans, so PEI is a must, but the bare minimum amount of time there is okay, especially since I have heard that PEI isn't quite as beautiful as the other two provinces . . .
Any tips or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 2 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 3 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 4 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 5 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 6 Best place for wedding flowers
- 7 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 8 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 9 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 10 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 11 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 12 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 13 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 14 hotel in vancouver
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals