I posted earlier in the month in another section of the forums, concerning options in England for a mother daughter trip in 2015 or 2016. My mother and I had settled then on York, England.
This was before she started reading about Maritime Canada, which she is now entranced with. So, we are going to explore the idea of visiting that part of Canada, and are trying to decide what island may be a good fit .... either PEI or St Johns Newfoundland.
We will have 7-9 days total available to us, and a modest budget. While I like hiking around outside in parks and trails, my mother has arthritis in her knees, so excessive walking / hiking is not an option. Really, what she wants to be able to do is leisurely drive around to varying villages and sit and have tea or lunch in a local place and just absorb local culture. Historical things fascinate both of us. She loves quilting and knitting, crafting of all sorts really ... and pastoral type places. We both prefer staying at a B&B as opposed to a hotel.
I suspect that PEI is going to be more her style, but I wanted to verify.
Mother Daughter Trip -- PEI or Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is prostitution legal
- 2 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 3 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 4 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 5 Quebec City trip.report
- 6 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 7 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 8 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Quebic City or Montreal
- 11 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 12 ft nelson bc
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 14 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 15 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 16 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 17 canada in the winter?
- 18 Canada in winter
- 19 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 20 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 21 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 22 Telegraph cove
- 23 trip report rockies
- 24 iPhone in Canada
- 25 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.