I posted earlier in the month in another section of the forums, concerning options in England for a mother daughter trip in 2015 or 2016. My mother and I had settled then on York, England.
This was before she started reading about Maritime Canada, which she is now entranced with. So, we are going to explore the idea of visiting that part of Canada, and are trying to decide what island may be a good fit .... either PEI or St Johns Newfoundland.
We will have 7-9 days total available to us, and a modest budget. While I like hiking around outside in parks and trails, my mother has arthritis in her knees, so excessive walking / hiking is not an option. Really, what she wants to be able to do is leisurely drive around to varying villages and sit and have tea or lunch in a local place and just absorb local culture. Historical things fascinate both of us. She loves quilting and knitting, crafting of all sorts really ... and pastoral type places. We both prefer staying at a B&B as opposed to a hotel.
I suspect that PEI is going to be more her style, but I wanted to verify.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver for Christmas
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia