I posted earlier in the month in another section of the forums, concerning options in England for a mother daughter trip in 2015 or 2016. My mother and I had settled then on York, England.
This was before she started reading about Maritime Canada, which she is now entranced with. So, we are going to explore the idea of visiting that part of Canada, and are trying to decide what island may be a good fit .... either PEI or St Johns Newfoundland.
We will have 7-9 days total available to us, and a modest budget. While I like hiking around outside in parks and trails, my mother has arthritis in her knees, so excessive walking / hiking is not an option. Really, what she wants to be able to do is leisurely drive around to varying villages and sit and have tea or lunch in a local place and just absorb local culture. Historical things fascinate both of us. She loves quilting and knitting, crafting of all sorts really ... and pastoral type places. We both prefer staying at a B&B as opposed to a hotel.
I suspect that PEI is going to be more her style, but I wanted to verify.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.kesamuroa.com/allura-serum/
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 How to Eat Properly. for Your Best Digestion | Shaylagarland
- 4 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 5 lodging in whistler
- 6 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 7 BC or Alberta drives
- 8 Torino in february
- 9 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 10 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 13 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 14 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 What is famous in canada?
- 17 Looking for fellow travellers
- 18 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 19 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 20 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 21 Happy Canada Day
- 22 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 23 Across Canada by Train
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Ottawa in December