I posted earlier in the month in another section of the forums, concerning options in England for a mother daughter trip in 2015 or 2016. My mother and I had settled then on York, England.
This was before she started reading about Maritime Canada, which she is now entranced with. So, we are going to explore the idea of visiting that part of Canada, and are trying to decide what island may be a good fit .... either PEI or St Johns Newfoundland.
We will have 7-9 days total available to us, and a modest budget. While I like hiking around outside in parks and trails, my mother has arthritis in her knees, so excessive walking / hiking is not an option. Really, what she wants to be able to do is leisurely drive around to varying villages and sit and have tea or lunch in a local place and just absorb local culture. Historical things fascinate both of us. She loves quilting and knitting, crafting of all sorts really ... and pastoral type places. We both prefer staying at a B&B as opposed to a hotel.
I suspect that PEI is going to be more her style, but I wanted to verify.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 2 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 3 Quebec City in mid-November
- 4 Eastern Canada in December
- 5 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 6 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 7 Calgary
- 8 Tofino
- 9 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 10 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 11 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 12 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 13 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 16 Banff in October
- 17 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 18 Quebec City in autumn
- 19 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 20 Quebec City
- 21 Family ski holiday
- 22 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 23 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 24 Please help with BC itinerary
- 25 Travel through Chicago