I posted earlier in the month in another section of the forums, concerning options in England for a mother daughter trip in 2015 or 2016. My mother and I had settled then on York, England.
This was before she started reading about Maritime Canada, which she is now entranced with. So, we are going to explore the idea of visiting that part of Canada, and are trying to decide what island may be a good fit .... either PEI or St Johns Newfoundland.
We will have 7-9 days total available to us, and a modest budget. While I like hiking around outside in parks and trails, my mother has arthritis in her knees, so excessive walking / hiking is not an option. Really, what she wants to be able to do is leisurely drive around to varying villages and sit and have tea or lunch in a local place and just absorb local culture. Historical things fascinate both of us. She loves quilting and knitting, crafting of all sorts really ... and pastoral type places. We both prefer staying at a B&B as opposed to a hotel.
I suspect that PEI is going to be more her style, but I wanted to verify.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 3 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 4 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 5 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 6 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 7 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 8 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 9 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 10 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 11 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 12 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 13 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 14 Calgary Stampede
- 15 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 16 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 17 11 Day Road trip
- 18 Canada - 1st time
- 19 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 20 Halifax port restaurants
- 21 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 22 Road Trip Help
- 23 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 24 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way
- 25 Grizzly Bears Campbell River