I am a new member and as with all sites and places I've been I find that the Canadian West is highly underrated. We took our VR business to a trade show in Germany a few years back and when the people there found out that we were Saskatchewan based the usual comment was "Why would we want to go there, Ther's nothing but prairie there".
It is true enough that Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie Provinces but there is more to Saskatchewan then prairie. Saskatchewan is over 700 miles long and the northern 2/3 are parklands and forest. We have an estimated 10,000 lakes in this province and the biggest majority are in the northern 2/3s.
Many of these lakes are accessable by car and most can be reached with a 4X4. The World Record Walleye for ice fishing was taken on Tobin Lake in East-Central Saskatchewan a couple of years ago. It weighed in at 18.6 lbs.
With a land mass as large as ours and with a population of under 1,000,000 people crowds are not a problen in most places.
If anyone would like more information on Saskatchewan you can contact me and I will try to answer all questions and if I cannot I will send you to someone who probably can.
Thank you for your indulgance.
More of the Canadian West
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 4 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 5 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Need tips for this trip
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver