I am a new member and as with all sites and places I've been I find that the Canadian West is highly underrated. We took our VR business to a trade show in Germany a few years back and when the people there found out that we were Saskatchewan based the usual comment was "Why would we want to go there, Ther's nothing but prairie there".
It is true enough that Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie Provinces but there is more to Saskatchewan then prairie. Saskatchewan is over 700 miles long and the northern 2/3 are parklands and forest. We have an estimated 10,000 lakes in this province and the biggest majority are in the northern 2/3s.
Many of these lakes are accessable by car and most can be reached with a 4X4. The World Record Walleye for ice fishing was taken on Tobin Lake in East-Central Saskatchewan a couple of years ago. It weighed in at 18.6 lbs.
With a land mass as large as ours and with a population of under 1,000,000 people crowds are not a problen in most places.
If anyone would like more information on Saskatchewan you can contact me and I will try to answer all questions and if I cannot I will send you to someone who probably can.
Thank you for your indulgance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Accommodation in halifax
- 2 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 5 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 6 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Two week taster
- 9 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 10 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 11 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 12 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 13 Translink and itinerary questions
- 14 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 15 Montreal Restaurants
- 16 Victoria Island
- 17 Traveling with your bike
- 18 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 19 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 20 Bay of Fundy
- 21 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 22 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 23 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 24 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights