I am a new member and as with all sites and places I've been I find that the Canadian West is highly underrated. We took our VR business to a trade show in Germany a few years back and when the people there found out that we were Saskatchewan based the usual comment was "Why would we want to go there, Ther's nothing but prairie there".
It is true enough that Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie Provinces but there is more to Saskatchewan then prairie. Saskatchewan is over 700 miles long and the northern 2/3 are parklands and forest. We have an estimated 10,000 lakes in this province and the biggest majority are in the northern 2/3s.
Many of these lakes are accessable by car and most can be reached with a 4X4. The World Record Walleye for ice fishing was taken on Tobin Lake in East-Central Saskatchewan a couple of years ago. It weighed in at 18.6 lbs.
With a land mass as large as ours and with a population of under 1,000,000 people crowds are not a problen in most places.
If anyone would like more information on Saskatchewan you can contact me and I will try to answer all questions and if I cannot I will send you to someone who probably can.
Thank you for your indulgance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation questions Vancouver and Victoria
- 2 Transportation documents between SEA and YVR
- 3 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 6 10 Days in Nova Scotia
- 7 Small group tour for my parents
- 8 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 9 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 10 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 11 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 12 Itinerary feedback, please
- 13 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 14 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 15 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 16 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 17 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 18 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 19 Best Way
- 20 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 21 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 22 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 23 Bay of Fundy
- 24 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 25 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group