I am a new member and as with all sites and places I've been I find that the Canadian West is highly underrated. We took our VR business to a trade show in Germany a few years back and when the people there found out that we were Saskatchewan based the usual comment was "Why would we want to go there, Ther's nothing but prairie there".
It is true enough that Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie Provinces but there is more to Saskatchewan then prairie. Saskatchewan is over 700 miles long and the northern 2/3 are parklands and forest. We have an estimated 10,000 lakes in this province and the biggest majority are in the northern 2/3s.
Many of these lakes are accessable by car and most can be reached with a 4X4. The World Record Walleye for ice fishing was taken on Tobin Lake in East-Central Saskatchewan a couple of years ago. It weighed in at 18.6 lbs.
With a land mass as large as ours and with a population of under 1,000,000 people crowds are not a problen in most places.
If anyone would like more information on Saskatchewan you can contact me and I will try to answer all questions and if I cannot I will send you to someone who probably can.
Thank you for your indulgance.
More of the Canadian West
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 3 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise