We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 2 NYC to Montreal by train
- 3 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 4 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 5 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 6 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 7 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 8 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 9 Where to stay in Banff?
- 10 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 11 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 12 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 13 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 14 Transport of cremated remains
- 15 Rockies trip in June.
- 16 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 17 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 18 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 19 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 20 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 21 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 22 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 23 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 24 boarder crossing question
- 25 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal