We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 2 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 3 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 4 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 5 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 6 Help us see Vancouver island
- 7 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 8 NOTL weather in Sept
- 9 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 10 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 11 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 12 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 13 birthday trip
- 14 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 15 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 16 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 17 Best hikes in Banff
- 18 Victoria
- 19 Hotels in Toronto
- 20 Advice trip to Canada
- 21 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 22 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 23 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?
- 24 Maritime Road Trip from Ottawa - HELP !
- 25 Downtown Montreal Restaurants