We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal & Quebec City - advice needed
- 2 Niagara Falls Canada
- 3 Please Help!... Nova Scotia Road Trip
- 4 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 5 Vancouver Trip Report with stay at Four Seasons
- 6 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 7 Banf
- 8 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 9 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 12 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 13 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 14 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 15 Gaspe
- 16 Tours
- 17 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 18 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 19 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 20 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 21 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 22 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 23 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 24 Alberta Wildfires
- 25 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa