We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 quebec
- 3 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 4 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 5 Jet to Victoria
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 9 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 10 Fresh Fruit from US
- 11 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 12 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 13 Alberta Wildfires
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 16 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 20 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 21 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 22 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 23 Grouse or Whistler?
- 24 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 25 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts