We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 3 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise