We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 3 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 4 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 5 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 6 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 7 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 8 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 9 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 10 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 12 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 13 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 14 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 15 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 16 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 17 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 18 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 19 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 20 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 21 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 22 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 23 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 24 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 25 Any good ideas for Western Canada?