We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Canada in winter
- 2 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 3 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 4 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 5 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 6 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 7 Victoria Dining
- 8 Northern Lights
- 9 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 10 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 12 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 13 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 14 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 15 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 16 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 17 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 18 how to search for owls in winter
- 19 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 20 Help us see Vancouver island
- 21 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 22 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 23 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 24 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 25 Orleans Express Montreal Station