We suddenly find ourselves with a cancelled trip to Europe the end of September/first part of October, and are thinking about a shorter trip to parts of Canada we haven't seen. The idea would be fly to Montreal from the West Coast, visit Quebec City, then either fly to Calgary and on to Banff by car? Train? Then end up in Vancouver and fly home from there. How long should we plan to be in each place? What's the best way to cover the distances? Is this do-able in 10-12 days? I looked around a bit to find trip reports and couldn't find a whole lot. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places?
Montreal to Banff to Vancouver: suggestions please?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 2 Unitel Direct- Want to spend holidays in Australia
- 3 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 4 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 5 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 6 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 7 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 8 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 9 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 10 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 11 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 14 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 15 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 16 2 days in Vancouver
- 17 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 18 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 19 8 days in NL
- 20 Montreal transportation pass
- 21 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 22 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 23 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 24 Newfoundland tent camping
- 25 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!