My sister and I have decided to visit Montreal and Quebec City for our annual sister trip this year. We are planning to visit the 1st week of October. We fly into Montreal on Wednesday and depart on Sunday so we only have 3.5 days. We could probably add on another day leaving on Tuesday instead of Wednesday giving us 4.5 days, depending on the time needed to explore both areas.
A little about us: We tend to explore areas pretty quickly. We love to learn about the history of areas, dive into the culture, and enjoy (and take lots of photos) of the beautiful architecture of new places. We love adventure and charming places. We really aren't into Art (paintings). We love to travel to Europe but this time decided to change it up and go North to Canada.
We've just started our research and from what we've read so far, Quebec City 'can' be seen in 1 day. For those of you very familiar with Montreal and Quebec City, does this ring true? Our plan is to train from Montreal to Quebec City.
Since we are in the early stages of research and I know there is nothing worse than someone posting on here asking for lots of advice without having done any research on their own, I'm going to only ask for those of you who love Montreal and Quebec City - what are the MUST SEE PLACES?
Thank you so much for your help! Once we've done more thorough research, we will be back with more questions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Travelling alberta
- 2 Thanksgiving in Canada
- 3 RV trip to Alberta to see Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper,etc.
- 4 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 5 Romantic Dine and Dance Vancouver
- 6 Jasper
- 7 day trip to Victoria
- 8 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 9 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 11 Newfoundland in July
- 12 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 13 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 14 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 15 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 16 Family vacation
- 17 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 18 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 19 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 20 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 21 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 22 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 23 Calgary Stampede
- 24 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 25 Fairmont Hot Springs