My sister and I have decided to visit Montreal and Quebec City for our annual sister trip this year. We are planning to visit the 1st week of October. We fly into Montreal on Wednesday and depart on Sunday so we only have 3.5 days. We could probably add on another day leaving on Tuesday instead of Wednesday giving us 4.5 days, depending on the time needed to explore both areas.
A little about us: We tend to explore areas pretty quickly. We love to learn about the history of areas, dive into the culture, and enjoy (and take lots of photos) of the beautiful architecture of new places. We love adventure and charming places. We really aren't into Art (paintings). We love to travel to Europe but this time decided to change it up and go North to Canada.
We've just started our research and from what we've read so far, Quebec City 'can' be seen in 1 day. For those of you very familiar with Montreal and Quebec City, does this ring true? Our plan is to train from Montreal to Quebec City.
Since we are in the early stages of research and I know there is nothing worse than someone posting on here asking for lots of advice without having done any research on their own, I'm going to only ask for those of you who love Montreal and Quebec City - what are the MUST SEE PLACES?
Thank you so much for your help! Once we've done more thorough research, we will be back with more questions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 2 Trip to Tornoto
- 3 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 4 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 5 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 6 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 7 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 8 Gettinng around Jasper
- 9 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 10 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 11 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 12 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 13 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 14 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 15 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 16 Vancouver customs time??
- 17 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 18 Cell Phones in Canada
- 19 Trip to winnipeg
- 20 Canada Honeymoon Itinerary for the Kiwis! (5 weeks)
- 21 things to see between fredricton and riviere du loup
- 22 Help with 3 week photo trip to Canadian Maritimes plus
- 23 Hiking and not meeting bears in rocky mountains
- 24 Festivals in Quebec City
- 25 Standard SUV rental from YYC for 24 years old: any recommend?