My sister and I have decided to visit Montreal and Quebec City for our annual sister trip this year. We are planning to visit the 1st week of October. We fly into Montreal on Wednesday and depart on Sunday so we only have 3.5 days. We could probably add on another day leaving on Tuesday instead of Wednesday giving us 4.5 days, depending on the time needed to explore both areas.
A little about us: We tend to explore areas pretty quickly. We love to learn about the history of areas, dive into the culture, and enjoy (and take lots of photos) of the beautiful architecture of new places. We love adventure and charming places. We really aren't into Art (paintings). We love to travel to Europe but this time decided to change it up and go North to Canada.
We've just started our research and from what we've read so far, Quebec City 'can' be seen in 1 day. For those of you very familiar with Montreal and Quebec City, does this ring true? Our plan is to train from Montreal to Quebec City.
Since we are in the early stages of research and I know there is nothing worse than someone posting on here asking for lots of advice without having done any research on their own, I'm going to only ask for those of you who love Montreal and Quebec City - what are the MUST SEE PLACES?
Thank you so much for your help! Once we've done more thorough research, we will be back with more questions.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec & Montreal + Wheelchair
- 2 Quebec City in January
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Corporate party
- 5 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 6 Hotels in Quebec City
- 7 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 8 Northern Lights
- 9 Flying from Toronto to London
- 10 Rental car
- 11 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 12 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 13 Montreal in April
- 14 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 15 Cross country drive
- 16 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 17 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 18 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 19 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 20 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 21 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 22 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 23 First family trip to Toronto.
- 24 Calgary Stampede
- 25 2 days in Vancouver