We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Montreal-Halifax or Halifax roundtrip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days