We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Now contact us 18008416436 Netflix tech support phone number
- 2 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 3 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 4 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 5 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 6 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 7 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 8 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 9 Long Weekend Toronto
- 10 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 11 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 12 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 13 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 14 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 15 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 16 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 17 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 18 My first trip to Toronto
- 19 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 20 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 21 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 22 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 23 Cross border rental
- 24 Day or Weekend trips from Toronto
- 25 East Coast this July.