We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Traveling with ashes
- 2 Bus Tour of Quebec City,NO Walking
- 3 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 4 Vancouver 3 days
- 5 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 6 Vancouver without a Car
- 7 Whistler
- 8 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 9 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 10 Intro
- 11 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 12 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 13 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 14 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 15 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 16 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 17 Need help in rain!
- 18 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 19 Rv Campground trip
- 20 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 21 Weather September/October
- 22 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 23 First Time Trip
- 24 Waterton Lakes quick trip?
- 25 C train to Calgary Stampede