We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Montreal-Halifax or Halifax roundtrip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 2 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 3 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 4 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 5 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 6 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 7 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 8 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 9 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 10 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 11 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 12 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 13 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 14 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 15 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 16 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 17 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 18 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 19 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 22 Halifax-PEI
- 23 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 24 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 25 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation