We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 FREE ONLINE Istikhara and Rohani Ilaj 00923006689123
- 2 Calcium silicate - compound framed by
- 3 Family ski holiday
- 4 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 5 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 6 Please help with BC itinerary
- 7 Travel through Chicago
- 8 Vancouver hotel question
- 9 Banff in October
- 10 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 11 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 12 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 13 quebec city and wine route
- 14 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 15 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 16 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 17 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 18 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 19 Victoria?
- 20 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 21 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 22 Calgary
- 23 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 24 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 25 Cape Breton Trip