We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HOW I SLEPT WITH MY WIFE’S COUSIN
- 2 Toronto On-demand delivery for tourists
- 3 Honeymoon in Canada. SUGGESTIONS?
- 4 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 5 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 6 pure slim 365 contains satiereal
- 7 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 8 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 9 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 10 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 11 Best Jasper Campground
- 12 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 13 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 14 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 15 Victoria in December
- 16 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 17 Opportunity for business loan
- 18 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 19 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 20 Nova Scotia - October
- 21 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 22 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 23 Across Canada by Train
- 24 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 25 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)