We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 2 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 3 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 4 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 5 Quebec City in mid-November
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 8 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 9 Calgary
- 10 Tofino
- 11 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 12 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 13 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 16 Banff in October
- 17 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 18 Quebec City in autumn
- 19 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 20 Quebec City
- 21 Family ski holiday
- 22 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 23 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 24 Please help with BC itinerary
- 25 Travel through Chicago