We are planning to spend 2 weeks in canada soon (last week june/first week july).
We will fly into Montreal. The plan is to visit nova scotia. Now the big question is: shall we
A) rent a car in montreal and do a round trip
B) Do a one way rental from montreal, drop the car off in halifax and fly back to montreal
C) fly to halifax and back, therefore do car rental from halifax
I am not too worried about the cost of each option (i have seen the drop off charges if we do a one way rental). My main goal is to make the most out of the holiday without too much unnecessary driving - in other words I will only drive from montreal if there are some worthwile stops on the route.
We are 30 years old, live in switzerland.we like hiking (up to 4 hours), we like scenic drives with sea view, we don't mind doing some long driving (last year did denver to los angeles in 2 weeks) but appreciate being able to spend 2 nights at the same place once each week. 2 years ago we were in western canada, there our favourite place was vancouver island.
We do speak english and french.
I know my planning starts a bit late, but I had to change my plans on short notice due to work.
Any input is very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip to Tornoto
- 2 Vancouver 4 days
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 5 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 6 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 7 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 8 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 9 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 10 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 11 Gettinng around Jasper
- 12 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 13 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 14 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 15 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 16 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 17 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 18 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 19 Vancouver customs time??
- 20 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 21 Cell Phones in Canada
- 22 Trip to winnipeg
- 23 Canada Honeymoon Itinerary for the Kiwis! (5 weeks)
- 24 things to see between fredricton and riviere du loup
- 25 Help with 3 week photo trip to Canadian Maritimes plus