I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Montreal and Quebec City for Christmas Holidays
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 2 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 3 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 4 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 5 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 6 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 7 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 8 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 9 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 10 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 11 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 12 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 13 Halifax-PEI
- 14 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 15 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 16 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 17 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 18 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 19 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 20 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 21 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 22 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 23 Aloft or Sheraton near Montreal Airport
- 24 SIM Cards for the States and Canada
- 25 Victoria Dining