I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 GET YOUR MARRIAGE AND HEALTH RESTORED TODAY
- 2 Montreal Winery area
- 3 travel to Montreal/Quebec City in July
- 4 Water park near Toronto
- 5 Fastest HVAC service for commercial and residential housing
- 6 4 days in Newfoundland
- 7 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 8 Banff or Jasper
- 9 road trip Phila to Toronto
- 10 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 11 which hotel in Vancouver
- 12 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 13 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 14 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 15 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 16 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 17 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 18 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 19 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 20 Jasper Day Hikes
- 21 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 22 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 23 Montreal for 4 days
- 24 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 25 Montreal hotel on level ground