I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 2 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 5 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 6 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 7 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 8 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 9 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 11 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 12 Calgary Stampede
- 13 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 14 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 15 11 Day Road trip
- 16 Canada - 1st time
- 17 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 18 Halifax port restaurants
- 19 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 20 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 21 Road Trip Help
- 22 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 23 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way
- 24 Grizzly Bears Campbell River
- 25 Newfoundland- Airport to Downtown transportation.