I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Montreal and Quebec City for Christmas Holidays
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Who has made a Resolution to see the Red Sided Garter Snake Migration?
- 2 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 3 Help us see Vancouver island
- 4 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 5 Montreal Jazz Festival
- 6 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 7 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 8 Corporate party
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 11 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 12 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 13 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 14 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 15 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 16 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 17 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 18 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 19 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 20 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 23 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 24 8 days in NL
- 25 Montreal transportation pass