I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 2 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 3 Hotels in Quebec City
- 4 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 5 Northern Lights
- 6 Flying from Toronto to London
- 7 Rental car
- 8 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 9 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 10 Montreal in April
- 11 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 12 Cross country drive
- 13 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 14 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 15 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 16 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 17 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 18 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 19 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 20 First family trip to Toronto.
- 21 Calgary Stampede
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 24 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 25 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report