I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Montreal and Quebec City for Christmas Holidays
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Rockies to Vancouver
- 3 season greetings
- 4 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 5 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Alberta????
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 10 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 11 Wifi rental
- 12 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 13 Short term lodging
- 14 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 15 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 16 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 17 Vancouver top restaurant
- 18 Montreal Entertainment
- 19 Heli skiing in March
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 22 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 23 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 24 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 25 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies