I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 2 hotel in vancouver
- 3 Kensington Market
- 4 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 5 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 6 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 7 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 8 Best place for wedding flowers
- 9 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 10 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 11 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 12 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 13 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals