I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 2 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 3 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 4 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 5 Quebec province GTG?
- 6 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 7 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 8 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 9 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Best hikes in Banff
- 12 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 13 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 14 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 15 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 16 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 17 Nova Scotia hotels
- 18 3 full days in and round Banff
- 19 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 20 Montreal / Quebec City trip
- 21 From Vancouver to Halifax - how best to travel
- 22 Where to stay in Montreal?
- 23 Nova Star
- 24 Victoria
- 25 Pan Pacific, Fairmount Pacific Rim or Fairmount Waterfront?