I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Montreal and Quebec City for Christmas Holidays
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 4 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 5 Need tips for this trip
- 6 Rockies trip in June.
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver