I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving to Vancouver from Calgary
- 2 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 3 Anyone flying from Quebec City to the States in August?
- 4 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 5 car needed in Vancouver?
- 6 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 7 Flying into Calgary for 3 days
- 8 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 9 Anyone flying to the States from Quebec City in August?
- 10 Suggestions for 8 day itinerary to Nova Scotia
- 11 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 12 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 13 Ottawa recs?
- 14 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 15 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 16 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 17 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 18 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 19 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 20 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 21 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 22 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 23 Granville Island
- 24 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 25 Good eats and car question NS