We are in the Holiday Inn Express near Old Town. We drove up from Middlebury yesterday with DS#2 who we picked up from his summer job. Tomorrow we drive back to DC. Crossing the border yesterday took forever (about an hour). Yesterday we went to Stash, a very pretty polish restaurant in Old Montreal. We looked at boats and watched fire-eaters and listened to many people speaking french. My understanding is that these people can speak english but would rather not, just like people in france. Today we'll see Notre Dame and pray for health and happiness, particularly for DS#2 who went out drinking last night with a friend and returned home a little wobbly. We also want to go to the art museum and remember to feed the parking meter. Do you have any suggestions for us?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City trip.report
- 2 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 3 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 4 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 5 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 6 Quebic City or Montreal
- 7 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October