We are in the Holiday Inn Express near Old Town. We drove up from Middlebury yesterday with DS#2 who we picked up from his summer job. Tomorrow we drive back to DC. Crossing the border yesterday took forever (about an hour). Yesterday we went to Stash, a very pretty polish restaurant in Old Montreal. We looked at boats and watched fire-eaters and listened to many people speaking french. My understanding is that these people can speak english but would rather not, just like people in france. Today we'll see Notre Dame and pray for health and happiness, particularly for DS#2 who went out drinking last night with a friend and returned home a little wobbly. We also want to go to the art museum and remember to feed the parking meter. Do you have any suggestions for us?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 2 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 7 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 Transport of cremated remains
- 10 Rockies trip in June.
- 11 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 12 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 13 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 14 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 15 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 16 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 17 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 18 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 boarder crossing question
- 20 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 21 Calgary hotel help needed
- 22 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 23 a week in St John's, NL
- 24 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 25 graduation in Vancouver