We are in the Holiday Inn Express near Old Town. We drove up from Middlebury yesterday with DS#2 who we picked up from his summer job. Tomorrow we drive back to DC. Crossing the border yesterday took forever (about an hour). Yesterday we went to Stash, a very pretty polish restaurant in Old Montreal. We looked at boats and watched fire-eaters and listened to many people speaking french. My understanding is that these people can speak english but would rather not, just like people in france. Today we'll see Notre Dame and pray for health and happiness, particularly for DS#2 who went out drinking last night with a friend and returned home a little wobbly. We also want to go to the art museum and remember to feed the parking meter. Do you have any suggestions for us?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies to Vancouver
- 2 My first visit to Montreal(Canada in general), going solo!
- 3 Coach class Canadian Via
- 4 Honeymoon destination
- 5 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 6 season greetings
- 7 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 8 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 9 Toronto: where to stay?
- 10 Alberta????
- 11 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 12 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 13 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 14 Wifi rental
- 15 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 16 Short term lodging
- 17 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 18 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 19 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 20 Vancouver top restaurant
- 21 Montreal Entertainment
- 22 Heli skiing in March
- 23 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 24 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 25 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food