We are in the Holiday Inn Express near Old Town. We drove up from Middlebury yesterday with DS#2 who we picked up from his summer job. Tomorrow we drive back to DC. Crossing the border yesterday took forever (about an hour). Yesterday we went to Stash, a very pretty polish restaurant in Old Montreal. We looked at boats and watched fire-eaters and listened to many people speaking french. My understanding is that these people can speak english but would rather not, just like people in france. Today we'll see Notre Dame and pray for health and happiness, particularly for DS#2 who went out drinking last night with a friend and returned home a little wobbly. We also want to go to the art museum and remember to feed the parking meter. Do you have any suggestions for us?
View all Canada activity »
- 1 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 2 Golden BC
- 3 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 4 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 5 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 6 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 7 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 8 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 9 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 10 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 11 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 12 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 13 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 14 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 15 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail