We will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for 10 days starting tomorrow. We only have accomodations in Banff for 6 nites and Jasper for 2 nites. From Jasper, we will be heading to Whistler. We will have kids in tow and are looking to overnite between Jasper and Whistler (maybe kamloops).
My question is if the Meadows in the Sky Parkway is a worthwhile trip at this time of year? will the flowers be in bloom? How much time shld i budget for the drive if we stayed in Revelstoke? I do not think we can make it a day-trip from Banff (3.5 hrs each way + the pkway drive). Other plan could be to checkout in Banff a nite early, drive to revelstoke, do the pkway drive, spend the nite and then, head out to Jasper?? any thoughts??
thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Half day in Vancouver
- 2 good lobster roll
- 3 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 4 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 5 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 6 Suggest some best places to travel and accommodation facilities in Toronto
- 7 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 8 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 9 Montreal or Toronto?
- 10 Visit the east coast in July /16
- 11 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 12 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 13 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 14 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 15 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 16 Canada in Feb 2016
- 17 King City and surrounding
- 18 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 19 20 hour layover
- 20 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 21 Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 22 Montreal for two days -- mini TR
- 23 VYR to Victoria Inner Harbour
- 24 montreal to Manchester leaf peeping
- 25 Vancouver/Victoria Honeymoon